Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Come join the Systems Capacity Engineering team! Traveler's Infrastructure and Cloud Services has an exciting new role on the System's Capacity Engineering team, focused around developing and maturing the Capacity Management Discipline. You would be responsible for participating in the design, strategy, and implementation of key, cross-disciplinary changes as well as participating in the activities related to Systems Capacity Engineering.
An Ideal candidate would possess the following attributes:
- Deep Technical curiosity
- Expertise in management of one or more infrastructure technology platforms (ie. Network, PCF, IaaS, etc.)
- Strong Communication Skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to influence without organizational authority
- Experience with capacity management of a technology platform
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. Provides leaderships on projects/initiatives within the discipline. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Establishes and cultivates partnerships with various technology organizations and levels of management.
- Proactively identify and execute on opportunities collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Operating Systems
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or Mulesoft Preferred
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.