Senior Strategy Advisor
Location: VA, MD, NC
At the Richmond Fed, we're driven by our mission to strengthen the economy and our communities. We take great pride in what we do and it impacts everyday people every day.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
The Business of IT Strategy Team has an immediate opening for a Senior Strategy Advisor, reporting to the Assistant Vice President.
The ITS Strategy Advisor is responsible for developing and executing technical and business strategies that lead to positive outcomes in the department, Bank and System. Additionally, the ITS Strategic Advisor will play a key role in assisting with the research, design and management of the Department's innovation and emerging technology experimentation.
What You Will Do:
• Partners across the organization to help define and shape the Bank's technology vision and influence the department's strategic objectives.
• Works directly with the Business Relationship Managers and collaborates with peers in Solutions Delivery, Operations Management and Information Security to inform opportunities which improve or further meet evolving customer needs.
• Produces and guides implementation of technology and business strategies.
• Partners with ITS Change Advisor to create a cohesive, holistic strategy to align talent capabilities with the ITS Strategy, emerging and disruptive trends, and business & customer needs.
• Engages in competitive intelligence and analyzes technology, market and industry trends that will impact the business and organization.
• Partners with stakeholders to lead and manage innovation activities in the department including designing and executing events, facilitating design thinking sessions, and identification of both internal and external opportunities for staff to build innovation skills.
• Manages department innovation portfolio, including pipeline of initiatives from concept through disposition, establishes KPIs and institutes periodic reporting, and communicates initiative and portfolio status.
• Partners with peers to research and evaluate emerging technology, by designing and conducting business viable pilots to gain experience and derive insights that can be shared throughout the organization.
• A Bachelors' degree in information technology, business or a related field.
• Broad knowledge of technology and experience leveraging to create business value.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience developing and implementing departmental/organizational technology-related strategies.
• Demonstrated experience identifying, designing and implementing functions that deliver new business capabilities to an organization.
• Demonstrated experience leading and managing innovation activities in an organization. Innovation ambassador who balances creative thinking with ability to assess business impact of innovative concepts.
• High proficiency with facilitating small and medium-sized groups through strategic planning and other related ideation sessions.
• Demonstrated experience creating technology-related business cases.
• Able to effectively navigate and achieve results in a federated, multi-location, multi-divisional organizational structure with numerous and diverse business customers.
• Extraordinary communicator (both written and verbal) with the ability to convey complex issues to a variety of stakeholders, with a presence that elicits confidence and credibility.
• Excellent influencing, negotiation and communication skills at all levels of the organization.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills a must.
• Role requires high levels of initiative and willingness to take ownership of issues; must be a self-starter and a catalyst for change.
• Ability to understand how one's work impacts - and is impacted by the mission and operations of other organizations, and use this information to maximize contributions to the organization.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
• Great medical benefits
• Pension and 401(k) with employer match
• Generous paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee resource networks
• Paid volunteer leave
• Flexible work options
• Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
• Candidates will be expected to complete a case study as part of the interview process.
• Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org .
• Sponsorship is not available for this role.
• Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
• Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.