Piper Companies is tasked with finding a Software Engineer to work directly for our client in Reston, Virginia (VA). The Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing and maintain innovative applications using cutting edge and open source technologies. Our ideal Software Engineer is a proud programmer with a passion and desire to build world class applications.
Responsibilities for the Software Engineer:
• Design and implement software for large, high speed internet network applications.
• Collaborate with team members from Operations, Quality Assurance, and others to mitigate key project technical risks and ensure quality.
• Lead and collaborate on integration strategies for leveraging third party open-source tools.
• Responsible for all phases of the software development life-cycle.
• Build and test software platforms using MicroServices, multi-thread programming with technology like REST, Spring, JAVA.
Desirables for the Software Engineer:
• Experience working in a CI/CD environment.
• Knowledge of RDBS like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
• Familiar with orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible.
Must Haves for the Software Engineer:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of overall experience in software development.
• 5+ years of experience with a higher-level language, preferably Java, Python, or C.
• Proficient with Linux.
• Outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Compensation and Benefits for the Software Engineer:
Salary: $95,000 - $120,000/yearly (based on experience)
Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO/Holiday, 401k w/ Match, and bonus structure