Title: Software Tester
Duration: 10+Months (high possibility of extension)
Location: Austin, TX
The Functional Analyst Tester is an Information Technology (IT) position and will provide requirement analysis and testing services for the mandated enhancements of the Childcare Licensing Automation Support System (CLASS) resulting from the 86th Texas Legislative session. This position will provide requirement analysis to create test cases and scripts for functional and non-functional requirements, prepare test data, execute test scripts, analyze data, support user acceptance testing, and provide defect triaging. The enhancements to the system will be coordinated to coincide with implementation of CCL "Rule" changes. The project is expected to produce several CLASS deployments throughout fiscal years 2020 and 2021.
The workers responsibilities and skills must include:-
- Create test cases and scripts
- Prepare test data to be loaded in the database
- Execute test script logging results
- Document defects include steps to reproduce the anomaly.
- Utilize analysis and diagramming tools to represent business processes.
- Must have historical and proven knowledge and practical application of testing best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Effectively communicate with non-technical audience to understand business needs and explain complex systems and technical topics in clear and concise manner
- Strong verbal and written skills in communicating with technical, non-technical staff and different levels of users.
- Skilled in meeting facilitation and requirements gathering.
- Skilled in developing and documenting business process flows.
- Skilled with Database query languages (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Skilled in developing Requirements Traceability Matrices.
- Skilled in developing and executing Test Scripts.
- Skilled in developing Test Plans and coordinating User Acceptance Testing.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Project Management Lifecycle.
- Review documentation, such as Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), System Design Description (SDD) and release notes
- Experience using JIRA or ALM for managing project/sprint tasks.