Title: Sr. Java Developer
# of Openings: 2
Type: C2C or Salary w/ Benefits
Location: Herndon, VA
USC/ GC Holders
Sr. Java Developer
As a Sr Java Developer, you will work in an Agile team environment developing Java code to meet customer requirements. You will be expected to be proficient in core Java technologies as well as the Spring Framework and Hibernate. You must have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and with team members to meet project schedules and goal. Other Key Responsibilities are as follows:
- Utilize an Agile incremental delivery approach, supporting incremental development of high-quality, fully tested Java based web application delivery every 2 weeks
- Adheres to, promotes, and helps maintain development standards and best practices; participates in regular code reviews
- Strong team player with good communication skills demonstrating the ability to work well with developers, QA team members and management to support all areas of the agile SDLC approach
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization; contributes to acceptance/functional testing duties and part of incremental feature development
- Participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
- J2EE developer with experience ORM platforms (Hibernate, etc.), Web services (REST and SOAP building and implementing), XML/JSON messaging, Queues (JMS, RabbitMQ, etc.). Web Services, XML, DB (Oracle or other), Unix/Linux.
- Minimum of 7 years of Java experience
- Must be able to present effectively to leadership
- Experience w/modern agile development skills, source code control, unit testing
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships
- Bachelors' degree in a technical field or + 8 years of experience
- VA experience preferred
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship or Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. a must
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Oracle (SQL - PL/SQL).