We are hiring a team of Sr Java Developers for a recently awarded 7-year Federal program for Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The team is working remotely at this time during COVID-19, but will eventually go back onsite in Ashburn, VA when it is safe to do so (likely in Summer of 2021). Having an active CBP BI or DoD Top Secret clearance is highly preferred for expediting the on-boarding process.
These roles pay a strong base salary (depends on years of experience) plus choice of healthcare plans, dental, vision life/disability insurance, 2 weeks PTO, 10 paid federal holidays, matching 401k and annual bonus. Hourly rates on W2 are also available for hourly consultants as well.
We are currently looking for Senior Java Application Developers with Agile methodology experience to join our team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP), building a true modern application that is new development, cloud native, working in a SecDevOps environment including real Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, in a consistent Agile Software Development Framework. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial. Qualified candidates should have worked with or have a strong interest in Agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints.
Serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes.
- Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight.
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
- Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
- Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines.
- Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Providing mentoring to junior members of the team
US Cit with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
o 3 year check for felony convictions
o 1 year check for illegal drug use
o 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional Experience: at least 7 plus (7+) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows environment
- Object oriented design and development (OODD) expertise, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Communicating OODD and SOA principles and best practices
- Working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Acting independently to expose and resolve problems
- Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
- Experience using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server databases
- Experience with database design
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
- Technical Certifications, such as OCAJP; OCPJP; OCE, OCM; CSM.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Direct experience providing production support for applications utilizing Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools
- Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: HTML, Angular, VMware, ETL tools, ESB, message queuing, application security, automated testing, UML, VersionOne, Jira, or Sparx Enterprise Architect
If qualified and interested, please send a fully detailed Word version of a resume along with salary, references and availability to interview and start so we may move forward quickly with your interview process.
M9 Solutions is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. M9 Solutions is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact M9 Solutions HR Department: .