Description Job Description:
Leidos has a contingent opening for a Sr. Application Systems Analyst to support the VA Facilities group at critical data centers sites in the USA. This role is contingent upon award of FFSS contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA with world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services provided/housed in a data center. Primary Responsibilities:
A Senior Applications/Systems Analyst must have extensive IT experience in the analysis, design, and integration of information systems and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and development software. Must be well versed in understanding structured analysis and design methodologies for the translation of systems requirements from business needs with a proven track record. Must be able to evaluate cost factors and risk.
- Baseline business and technical requirements and perform discovery analysis for new system features. Analyze current system capabilities, identify limitations and design/engineer/integrate new system capabilities to meet requirements. Analyze, draft, validate and finalize business and technical requirements.
- Provide support on application performance, desktop performance, and application availability and desktop availability monitoring and reporting using current VA monitoring tools such as CA Application Performance Management, AppDynamics monitoring tools, Arcturus Applicare, Microsoft Bluestripe Factfinder, XPOlog Management, CA Service Operations Insight, CA Business Service Insight, Aternity Desktop monitoring, and other performance monitoring tools as required.
- Collaborate with VA to gain in-depth knowledge of current VA processes and business practices through shadowing, interviewing key participants, and maintaining an understanding of the organization(s) you support.
- Monitor and measure change effectiveness of processes post-implementation, ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements & Key Performance Indicators to ensure impact on the team and are appropriate for the business.
- Proactively examine the change impact of process adjustments on people, strategy, systems and general business operations to determine the priority of needs.
- Assist with support of system changes/ implementation on an as-needed basis. Customize monitoring interfaces to provide dashboards, monitoring and alerts for all monitored applications.
- Assist Government and Contractor helpdesk staff on the use of monitoring diagnostic tools to pinpoint production issues.
- Assist Government and Contractor staff on Root Cause Analysis based on data reported from the monitoring system.
- Create and tune performance monitoring and availability alerts.
- Recommend policies and procedures on actions to take based on the alerts generated. All recommendations shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
- Develop standards, policies and procedures around the use of application performance monitoring and availability in the pre-production and production environments, and provide all recommendations to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
- Document operational steps and practices necessary to perform the assigned administrative duties, example creating Run-Books.
Experience with monitoring cloud-based applications and infrastructure, specifically Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).AWS or Azure formal training preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and use of Azure and AWS native monitoring API's.Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Application Performance Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, CA Introscope and Log Analytics tools.External Referral Bonus:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 5 years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Business Systems AnalysisPay Range: