Job Title : Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Duration: 6 months of contract to hire Location: Jersey City, NJ 07302.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Duck Creek) is responsible for working in partnership with business stakeholders to understand the business need, define/elaborate the scope, document business requirements and ensure business validation. This role will collaborate with IT teams to implement business requirements through project initiatives and maintenance sprints to enable the business to drive revenue growth and/or maintain compliance.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst Will
- Partner with business leadership to understand business needs and implement prioritized business initiatives.
- Document high level scope used by development to estimate work effort required for new project initiatives to be presented to senior leadership for governance approval.
- Manage business expectations through prioritization, requirements, user acceptance testing and transparent communication.
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and IT employees and vendor partners to deliver business commitments.
- Collaborate with multiple vendor partners to analyze requirements, appropriately distribute tasks and track progress in order to deliver high-quality products on-time and within budget.
- Champion the needs of the business and work with other Client to line up prioritized defect fixes and small enhancements/changes in maintenance sprints.
- Partner with product & platform stakeholders to understand the system interfacing requirements thus help with the functional solution to the problem
- Take self-initiative to dig into application and requirement documents to understand the core insurance product in the as-is setup
- Work on the development of API specifications to support API based interactions across underwriting policy life cycle (Submission, Quote, Bind, Issue, Endorsement, Cancellation)
- Develop functional mapping (XML to XML) between the API and the core product (such as DuckCreek) ensuring rating & underwriting integrity towards transaction commitment
- Understand multi-product environment and help drive the functional design towards common synergies for digital interactions
- Conduct business stakeholder meetings and requirement gathering sessions to construct workflow diagrams and write detailed specifications through iterative design.
- Work with Client, development, and testing teams to provide clarifications on requirements or issues during implementation.
- Take leadership on initiatives and collaborate with the project manager to drive projects forward.
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies and participate in designing innovative, cutting-edge software solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience in a comparable role.
- Minimum of 5 years in P&C insurance and strong knowledge of the end-to-end policy life cycle.
- Ability to correlate Duck requirements with policy XML and thus map it further for API based interaction would be needed
- Background with Duck Creek product implementation would be good to have.
- Background in Duck Creek based integrating requirements especially for blackbox rater or headless page based integration with third party platform would be good to have
- Any background in writing API requirements leveraging ACORD standard (P&C) would be good to have
- Background with policy admin system portfolio implementation experience, Duck Creek required.
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodology and Scrum are desirable.
- Ability to lead people and create a sense of team in order to deliver business objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with all team members including business stakeholders and IT team members.
- Highly self-motivated, organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task on critical initiatives.
- Models the organization's values; demonstrates high integrity; meets commitments.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and accountability; sets priorities and acts on key issues.
- Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.