DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is a global technology solutions company that specializes in digital strategy, design, transformation and support. Utilizing expertise from six unique DMI Groups, in the areas of AI & Analytics, Commerce, Experience, Managed Services, Transformation, and Government, DMI delivers intelligent digital transformation solutions that meet organizations where they are. Born digital, DMI has been delivering mission-critical, enterprise grade solutions since 2002 for over a hundred Fortune 1000 enterprises and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI has grown to 2,000+ employees globally and has been continually recognized by top industry analysts as market leader as well as a Top Place to Work by the Washington Post. DMInc.com | Careers | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Sr. Firewall Architect/Engineer. The Sr. Firewall Architect Engineer will be responsible for the planning, architecting, designing, engineering, implementation, and support of security solutions for the State of Maryland DoIT Security Operations Center (SOC) with a special focus on enterprise firewall systems.
the candidate must poses the following abilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Technical Leads/SME for their areas of responsibilities
- Initiate, plan, and execute infrastructure projects in their areas of responsibilities
- Be strategic/visionary in planning, managing, and maintaining systems in their areas of responsibilities through their System Development Life Cycle
- Be liaison/interface between the SOC team and the customer Sr. Management in subject matters of their areas on responsibilities.
- Able to assume full responsibilities of their areas of responsibilities on Day 1 (significant experience building from scratch, supporting, and troubleshooting systems under their responsibilities)
Qualifications Education and Years of Experience:
- Gathering requirements, planning, proposing, and executing system deployment projects to successful closure.
- Gap assessment and analysis of security solutions and recommendation of improvement initiatives.
- Architecture, design, and implementation of scalable, redundant, and reliable firewall solutions.
- Security hardening firewall configurations.
- Configuration management and control of architectural/design/functional configuration changes to firewalls.
- Firewall brake-fix troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and support.
- Firewall patch/upgrade monitoring, reviews, maintenance scheduling and deployment.
- Management of firewall operational and security audits logs.
- Definition, development, and configuration of firewall security and operational alerts, dashboards, and reporting.
- Monitoring firewall operational and security alerts and dashboards.
- Defining, implementing, and monitoring process/procedures for maintaining the lifecycle firewall policies and rules.
- Configuration, maintenance, and support of additional firewall services such as URL filtering, Malware Sandboxing Analysis, Threat Intelligence Feeds, Threat Prevention, User ID etc.
- Provide firewall log correlation support for emerging and retroactive security incident investigations.
- Support the integration with other security tools such IDS/IPS, SIEM, NACs, VPN etc.
- Define requirements and develop roles-based Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) documents.
The proposed candidate must have:
- At least ten (10) years of hands-on experience in Network Engineering/Architecture.
- At least three (5) years of Technical Lead responsibilities on system management /deployment projects.
- At least five (5) years of progressive hands-on experience in architecture, design, implementation, support of firewall technologies.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
- Self-starter, able to gather requirements, plan, execute firewall architecting and deployment efforts.
- Able to perform gap analysis and initiate and execute architectural improvements.
- Must have strong hands-on experience with Palo Alto and Juniper SRX firewalls and associated services
- Holds Palo Alto and Juniper certifications i.e., Palo Alto PCNSE and Juniper JNCIP-SEC.
- Strong demonstrated experience with network security architecture, design, and implementation best-practices i.e., Defense-in-depth architecture, knowledge of emerging Zero Trust architecture.
- Hands-on experience with firewall architecture, design, and implementation.
- Hands-on experience with operational and security hardening configuration for firewall solutions.
- Hands-on experience with configuration management and change control for firewall solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with networking and switching protocols and infrastructure services, able to troubleshoot and identify DNS, DHCP, WiFi protocols, NTP, routing, switching, and firewall issues affecting connectivity of applications and services.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of network infrastructure components such as Routers, Switches, IDS, IPS, NAC, VPN Gateways, Wireless APs etc.
- Customer-oriented with excellent issue follow-through and resolution abilities.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Utilize tools and analytical skills to plan and execute technical changes.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively work both autonomously as well as on a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, self-motivated and excellent presentation skills.
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- CISSP, CompTIA Security +, CCNA/CCNP Security, or relevant networking industry certifications
- Cisco CCNA or CompTIA Network + or relevant networking industry certifications
- Experience in project task technical analysis, planning, and estimation
- Experience with technology capabilities market research, technical analysis/review, and recommendation
U.S Citizenship. Physical Requirement(s):
Crownsville, MD Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help meet various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.