Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join our team as a Sr. Principal Network Engineer - Juniper based out of Colorado Springs, CO. What You'll get to Do:
- Candidate will be a Network Juniper Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for integrating, testing, sustaining, and operating networks.
- Candidate will be required to travel to remote locations to perform network installations in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program personnel.
- Candidate will be embedded with the network design team in Virginia supporting lab-based development and integration testing.
If applicable, please note your updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your resume.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 9 Years with Bachelor's degree in a related field; 13 years' experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- A Juniper Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP) certification at a minimum.
- Candidate must possess hands-on expert-level experience and knowledge of Juniper network design and testing methodologies using Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Must have a solid understanding of JUNOS, TCP/IP behavior, network communications and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and proven network traffic analysis and troubleshooting experience.
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers.
What We Can Offer You:
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert (JNCIE) certification.
- Experience with automated test and delivery.
- Candidates with prior C2BMC network experience are highly desired.
- Candidates with knowledge, skill sets or experience in protocol analyzers and sniffers capabilities (Wireshark, ACELive), DoD authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (Taclane, TACACS+, RADIUS, GEMX), and Network Management Systems (HPOV, NeuralStar, Solarwinds NPM/NCM) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, Sun).
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Salary min: $103,680
Salary max: $155,520
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits. Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.