About the Role
Uber Eats is a fast-growing and large business within Uber. Now, more than ever, people and businesses are turning to Eats as a critical part of their daily lives. Help define the future of food by building it with us! Have you ever wondered how Uber Eats works underneath the hood? Now's the chance!
The Uber Eats TPM leads product development initiatives together with Engineering and Product Managers to execute Global business priorities and strategic initiatives that require specialized resource allocation and cross-functional collaboration.
We're reshaping how the world eats through movement, and we need you to help us build it well and build it at scale. You'll work with engineers, product managers, designers, data science, and other TPMs across mobile, web, and backend to shape the food delivery gig economy.What You'll Do
- TPMs move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines.
- You are a bridge and a connector for the company, thrive in a dynamic work environment and are able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects with ease.
- You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a Technical Program Manager or engineering manager in a software, SaaS, or mobile development environment.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Detail oriented to thrive in fast moving, ambiguous environments where priorities are ever changing as the business grows and adapts globally.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you and you with engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to lead multiple, challenging priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions.
- Metrics-driven: Experience resolving effective program KPIs and using them to measure program success and issues.
- Computer Science degree, or related field.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form