About the roleWe are looking for an experienced technologist who can design, build, and scale our platform and core systems that power mission-critical user experiences including customer support, frictionless experiences & personalization.
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and smart productivity. We are looking for a backend Architect/Software engineer who can help build intelligent systems that help power CO. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities -- varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size -- with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements. Our CO team in Bangalore leads the global charter for Customer Obsession at Uber and is responsible for the global platform.What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Technical leadership for cross org and company-wide initiatives
- Serve as a mentor and role model for other engineers all the way up to senior engineers
- Design and execute impactful software projects for the org
- Actively mentor and teach junior engineers and deeply engage with each one and set them up for success.
- Help teams with helping with defining north start, vision, and with direction to create robust solutions that would scale for years to come.
- Influence and impact a best-in-class customer experience in your group and contribute to overall customer experience in your area.
- Lead cross-team efforts that deliver meaningful results across engineering, product, and/or design.
Here are the kinds of skills and experience we're seeking:
About the Team
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- Fast learner. We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you're confident it's correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of riders, your attention to detail leads to a delightful user experience.
The Customer Obsession (CO) team provides an end-to-end customer engagement platform for all Uber products: Ridesharing, UberEats, Uber for Business, UberHealth, UberFreight. We strive to provide world-class customer support to our end-users: riders, driver-partners, restaurants, eaters, freight carriers, truckers, Uber business partners, and hospitals, by building and integrating a bespoke suite of tools for our Customer Service representatives. While Uber strives to design defect-free products, the physical realities of the environment we operate in such as traffic patterns, delays in food preparation, and credit card fraud introduce unforeseen defects in our products. The Customer Obsession team builds, owns, and operates the software stack used by Uber's customers, employees, and partners that helps us effectively address these defects both proactively or in response to an issue raised by a customer ultimately resulting in customer delight!
In essence, we build the entire customer support infrastructure for the fastest growing companies in the world. From the moment you access the Support Center in the app, to when a customer service agent solves your problem, and everything in between; our team provides all engineering for a magical support experience. Do you know how you can access your rider rating now? That was us. The driver took a poor route and you want to get money back? Hey, we just launched that feature.
Creating engineering solutions for riders and drivers is a rewarding experience because we know we make every ride better by providing a world-class support experience. We look at every facet of the trip and proactively solve your problems before they happen, or we make sure your problem is solved as fast as possible. In addition to ensuring riders and drivers have a perfect Uber trip, we also have a huge impact on Uber's bottom line. Our product solutions contribute directly to profitability and revenue, helping Uber move toward sustainable growth. Our ambition is to establish customer care as a competitive advantage and market differentiator in our industry.
Our customers include:
- End-users such as Riders, Driver-partners, Eaters, Couriers, Restaurants, Freight carriers, and shippers.
- Uber's customer service agents, and their managers
- Product owners/managers across various Uber businesses that plan customer support and engagement experiences for their respective products.
- Engineers at Uber create automation workflows, and author actions and widgets for agents to support their LOB.
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and smart productivity. We are looking for a backend Architect/Software engineer who can help build intelligent systems that help power CO. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities - varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size - with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements. Our CO team in Bangalore leads the global charter for Customer Obsession at Uber and is responsible for the global platform.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form