Sr Supply Chain Finance Specialist
Specific Job Responsibilities: • Coordinate with Finance regarding
o Accruals for expenses incurred but not yet billed
o Inventory reserves
o Cash flow estimates
o Intercompany cross charges
o Prepayments to contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs)
• Investigating and explaining variances to Budget spend plan
• Receive all invoiced commercial batches into EBS
• Invoice raw material to CMOs and APIs to Alliance Partners
• Resolve Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable issues
• Route commercial Purchase Orders in ERP system
• Compile and blend Shipment data to enable third party Freight invoice processing company to manage invoices General Job Responsibilities: • Works on non-routine problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
• With guidance exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Inputs, maintains, and adjusts records or transactions to ensure system validity.
• May provide training and guidance to other Supply Chain personnel.
• Provides input to more senior team members on planning and forecasting.
• Compiles and analyzes non-routine information or data to support Supply Chain activities – e.g. inventory levels, prices and tracking of shipments, inventory positioning, material deliveries, planned master production schedule and sales forecasts. Prepares reports as requested and required.
• Participates in the planning and controls of materials and finished goods to meet sales and distribution demand. Compiles and analyzes statistical data to assist with decision-making.
• Performs non-routine activities relating to changes affecting inventory levels, e.g. shipments, purchases, movement of stock. Performs necessary transactions and records in system to reflect changes.
• Establishes working relationships with appropriate external or cross-functional contacts.
• Negotiates and monitors levels of service or performance provided, communicates areas of concern to resolve issues.
• Generates and reviews documents such as work orders, contracts, purchase orders, material transfer requests, or shipping documentation.
• Uses approved methods to make minor decisions in line with company goals and objectives, e.g. transfer or delivery of inventory, production and purchasing schedules. • Tracks progress with department supervisors, readjusts schedules and communicates changes according to production progress, change orders, manpower requirements, product availability or other conditions impacting timelines.
• Develops and implements programs with suppliers and/or internal cross-functional team members to support continuous improvement. Knowledge:
• Works on assignments that range from routine to moderately non-routine in nature where independent action and initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
• Able to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Applies working knowledge of manufacturing and production operations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
• Demonstrates intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Able to develop solutions to non-routine problems. Specific Education & Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years of relevant Supply Chain experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
• 4+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA/MS.