Infrastructure Architect - AWS
- Houston, Texas
- Direct Hire Opportunity
- Great Benefits and Compensation Package
Tired of working in an environment that is not up to par on the latest and greatest most robust technology. If so, look at this position! Extreme Technologies, Inc. is actively looking for a “Infrastructure Architect” that has experience migrating AWS and providing technical guidance to the systems administration team.
Job Responsibilities for the Infrastructure Architect - AWS:
- Manages and supervises the administration of Windows/Linux servers that are used for file and print sharing, e-mail, database management, web services, and application servers
- Manages and support AWS infrastructure with solid knowledge of EC2, S3, VPC setups, and CloudFormation
- Manages troubleshooting function to solve problems with system server hardware and software at desktop and server level
- Optimize AWS EC2 instances by scaling up and down systems, schedule shutdowns, and automatically upscale
- Strong knowledge of AWS RDS, CloudWatch, Route53, and Lambda
- Assists IT management in developing short and long-range plans of computing resources both on-premises and cloud
- Strong security knowledge for on-premises and cloud
Qualifications for the Infrastructure Architect - AWS:
- 5 years of information systems experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry, focusing on Server Administration.
- Working knowledge of information technology, modern electronic data processing theory, and network applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Server and Personal Computer (PC) based hardware and software, including network operating systems, desktop operating system, and general office applications
- Extensive expertise in cloud infrastructure, particular focus on AWS and Azure. Office 365 product knowledge is required
- Exceptional ability in diagnosing and solving computer-related problems while maintaining patience, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Ability to support efficient and effective automated systems; develop simple software programs
- Required experience with the following software: Microsoft Office 365, Windows Servers, SQL, and Exchange Online, AWS EC2, AppStream, WorkSpaces
- Strong knowledge of VMWare vCenter/ESX infrastructure
Education Requirements for the Infrastructure Architect - AWS:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a degree in information technology, management information services, computer science, or a closely related field
- Preferred certification in Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSE), AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)