Systems Analyst-Senior (RDTE-20-0938-Z):
Bowhead seeks Systems Analyst- Senior to support our government client in Microsoft Azure deployments, lift & shift migrations and innovative cloud solutions. They should be able to design and execute architecture blueprints and bring it to reality with a DevSecOps mindset & culture. Systems Analyst- Senior should be able to build and configure build plans, code pipelines and create automated solutions that can be frame worked and re-used. Finally, they should become subject matter exports and evangelize the latest technologies and tools to provide better efficiency and solution to other teams.
Essential functions will include:
• Azure Resource Manager
• Azure IaaS, PaaS offerings and services in Azure Commercial, GovCloud and DOD regions
• Communicate in a DevOps environment with your team, managers, business units and stakeholders.
• Embrace and focus on emerging technology and evangelize to the rest of the team
• Understanding of Agile, DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) is strongly desired
• Needs to have the ability to develop and contribute in an IaC environment while working seamlessly in a distributed team via collaboration tools
• Must own ability to learn fast, adapt to new technology and keep current with industry certifications
• Knowledge in Puppet/Ansible is highly desirable
• 6+ years of related systems engineering experience.
• Possess at least MCSA: Cloud Platform and be willing to continuously pursue others to address specific business needs and Microsoft Competency requirements.
• Intimate familiarity with the Azure Application Architecture Guide
• Familiarity with the Azure Onboarding Guide for IT Organizations
• 2+ years experience in the following:
o Extensive experience with Azure (Azure Compute, Azure Storage, Azure App Service model, Azure Networks)
o Experience with automation/configuration management using Azure Templates, Json, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar.
o Experience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production cloud environment
o Experience with IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.
o Experience with network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common
infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical
o Experience with Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
o Experience with Windows Server OS such as Windows 2012r2 and 2016
o Experience with virtualized environments and technologies such as Cloud instances, VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V
o Experience using DevOps practices to deploy builds from scripts/templates using tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
o Linux and Windows systems engineering experience
o Experience with Cloud platforms
o Experience with systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
o Experience with the associated hardware and software used by cloud providers and vendors
o Experience with core enterprise services such as NTP, SMTP, and DNS
• Be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user base
• Possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
• Willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
• Possess the abilities be innovative/creative in designing solutions while understand the enterprise impacts and overall scope
• Willing to document work and participate in the customer's change procedures
• Possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
• Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success.
• Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
#LI-DNI UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)