Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publixs Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers. Join the Publix Pharmacy IT Team as a Systems Analyst where you will play a key business analyst role interacting with enterprise teams to design solutions for Pharmacy applications. Responsibilities will include gathering requirements, leading software delivery projects, and working hand in hand with technical teams on cross platform software development initiatives using various programming languages, methods, tools, and utilities.
The most suitable hire for this position will be a candidate with strong analytical, planning, problem solving, writing, and presentation skills and one who can communicate effectively with management, peers, technology vendors, and business area customers.
Knowledge and experience with technical terms, SDLC, and leading Software delivery projects
Lead critical efforts to develop highly complex systems by overseeing requirements, design, development, and implementation
Lead and facilitate interviews with business units to understand, model, negotiate, specify, and validate business requirements
Provide support and leadership to development lead, test lead and other team members during all phases of projects
Implement complex solutions into production environment and coordinate validation
Ensure adherence to security best practices and standards for various platforms
Provide advanced analysis and guidance for multiple systems serving as subject matter expert
Work closely with IT management on project and resource planning, including effort estimation
Maintain a consistently large, and often dynamic work load
Participate in an on-call rotation to restore service for productions systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or other analytical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of experience with systems analysis, requirements gathering, design, and implementation of enterprise applications
- Minimum three years of experience in analyzing complex business problems or processes and translating business requirements into technology solutions that factor in system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership
- Minimum five years of experience designing enterprise class solutions
- Minimum five years of experience with Oracle or SQL Server databases
- Expert in writing complex queries using an ANSI-compliant SQL language against an enterprise relational database management system
- Skilled in project and resource planning; ability to deliver projects meeting project milestones and budget
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- Seven or more years of I/T experience in application design, development and delivery
- Seven or more years of experience in analyzing complex business problems or processes and translating business requirements into technology solutions that factor in system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with performance / load testing
- Experience with Pharmacy or Medical concepts, terminology, and systems.
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their managers approval: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).