The candidate is responsible for ensuring reliable and useful deliverable products to the customer. The selected candidate will work closely with the system health monitors and work on the Splunk team to ensure the data output meets and exceeds the customer's expectation. The candidate will verify and validate data, ensuring data quality, and completeness while driving ETL operations. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring and aiding the customer in requests for dashboards and data sets. Transition to and Implement ESM and provide training to analytical customers.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: 100%.
- Aid and provide assistance with dashboard design ideas to development team in support of client
- Integrate multiple data streams and feeds from networks, infrastructure services, mission/business application into near, real-time dashboards for use in trouble shooting and the presentation of situational awareness briefings to leadership
- Utilize pre-built dashboards/add-ons within Splunk system and be able to create custom Splunk dashboards and search queries to meet the customer's needs
- Provide recommendations/action plans for incorporating new data streams to present additional visualizations
- Perform software requirements, system integration activities, lead research, designs develop and test software and tools to include development of new work product or enhancing existing applications, system or embedded products
- Conduct appropriate investigation and support resolution and technical solution reporting
- Provide initial problem resolution where possible and reporting
- Assist customer with data interpretation for ETL ingestion and quality assurance
- Generate, monitor and track incidents/events through to resolution
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Desk computer.
- U.S. Government leased, owned, and rented vehicles.
- Valid, current U.S. Passport
- Valid, current U.S. Driver's License
- Work in an operationally-sensitive environment
- Operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine and printer.
- Function in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more.
- Work well in team environments including demonstrate the ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Develop and build relationships with the Client's counterparts within the parent organization as well as with external organizations facilitating the coordination of various software engineering and developer projects.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Walking and standing with occasional lifting of office supplies, perhaps some office computer equipment.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline with 8 years of experience. If no degree, 10 years of experience.
Must have Valid U.S. Driver's and be able to obtain an International Driver's License
Must have a valid US Passport
Must have a current, adjudicated, and active TS-SCI w/Poly
- Ten plus (10 ) years' experience in Cyber security and telecommunications
- Experience with Linux (CentOS) VMware, Apache (middleware) and performing Linus systems administration
- Experience with Splunk administration (i.e. creating custom dashboards, troubleshooting issues, etc).
- Splunk Power User (Desired)
- Must have programming experience in C, C , and C#
- Experience with Windows system administration
- Experience with firewalls and with network connectivity
- Must have Mobile App experience
- Candidate must also be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies
- Some experience with Agile development
- Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems.
- Experience using Jira (Desired)
- Firmware programming experience (Desired)
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Target process (Desired)
- Possess exceptional knowledge of customer data sets
- Knowledge of Agile development using SAFe (Desired)
- Knowledge of developing in a Windows operating environment
- Must have hands on Splunk/Linux Admin knowledge
- Knowledge of developing in a Linux environment (Desired)
Extensive understanding of both Type-1 and Type-2 encryption, including virtual private networks (VPNs) from both an engineering and implementation perspectives.
Candidate must be able to work in a fast-moving environment, adapt to changes in schedules, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
SUPERVISORY/BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES: None