This position researches, authors, edits and proofreads technical and operational data for use in structured format documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications. This position will ensure that technical documents meet established editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
Essential Job Duties
* Review raw materials, diagrams and random content to write technical documents according to established standards as well as recommend content structure or edits to document aspects such as scope, format, content, and methods of duplication and distribution
* Serve as the document version control owner and maintain the library of technical documents
* Work with department leadership and other critical points of contact in order to determine document layouts and publication schedules and methods
* Coordinate technical and operational specifications, determine specific or general subject material to be developed for publication, and resolve problems concerned with developing and publishing subject material
* Review draft of manuscript and make recommendations for changes
* Edit and correct final draft to coordinate document for typesetting, web posting or other distribution method
* Select or recommend graphics, such as drawings, diagrams, pictures, and charts, to be used in technical documents
* Analyze need for revisions, corrections, and changes in previously-published materials as well as the need for the development of new material
* Acquaint self with project processes by interviewing key personnel and subject matter experts and reviewing available industry and project resources in order to help determine process flows, work procedures and technology allocations
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in English or Communications from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, required
* At least four (4) years of relevant experience in technical writing in association to Call Center, Information Technology and/or Government contracts required
* Ability to document technical programs, plans, designs, operations and procedures
* Strong organizational and self-management skills
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy in all work
* Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
* Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
* Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
* Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
* Ability to appropriately handle business-sensitive and confidential information
* Ability to prioritize assignments and solve problems
* Ability to work with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks
* Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor
* Excellent oral and written communication skills - Effective team player with highly-proficient customer service skills
* Advanced-level user in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint
* Flexibility and ability to work in a dynamic, team oriented environment
* Ability to maintain a security clearance as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.