pureIntegration is looking for a Lead Java Engineer who is able to listen to Users, understand technical requirements, collaborate on solutions, and deliver technology services in a high velocity, dynamic, "always on" environment. As a member of our client's team you will work with other engineers to produce critical applications & infrastructure and the tools and processes that enable our systems to scale at a rapid pace. One day might involve creating an API that returns a customer's channel lineup or performance tuning of a Java web application; the next may be building tools to enable continuous delivery or infrastructure as code.
Our client's goal is to design, build, and scale the distributed systems that back the products that delight our customers. Our team values inclusiveness, collaboration, personal growth, and fun!
Technology Snapshot: Java, Linux, AWS, Containers, Microservices, Spring, Reactor, Redis, Splunk/ELK, TerraForm, Concourse CI/CD, NoSQL DatabaseResponsibilities:
- Design, build, and scale sophisticated high-volume server-side applications and frameworks.
- Write reusable, testable and maintainable code.
- Produce technical designs and documentation at varying levels of granularity depending upon the needs of the particular project.
- Participate in weekly knowledge sharing sessions, semi-annual Lab Weeks, and scrum ceremonies.
Philadelphia, PA (currently 100% remote until July)Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an active contributor during all phases of the software development lifecycle, with the ability to describe specific and detailed individual contributions in the areas of architecture/design, development, testing, release, and maintenance.
- Strong Java, Spring boot , Framework and RESTful -Cloud infrastructure, terraform/ansible , OpenStack
- Proficiency with object-oriented development, data modeling, and design patterns.
- Experience designing and building systems for highly available multi-site deployment environments, a solid understanding of the network architectures that support such systems, and familiarity with techniques for tuning application performance in a distributed environment.
- Software development experience in Java, with an understanding of the Spring Framework and RESTful architectures.
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts (eg. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Cloudfoundry, OpenStack).
- An understanding of the HTTP protocol and associated caching techniques.
- Knowledge of reactive coding patterns and frameworks is a plus (eg. Reactor, Spring WebFlux).
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills.
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and a love of learning!
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to occasionally work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries - communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.