Role: Test Engineer- AI/ML
Skills: QA, ML, Bash, Python, Linux
The Test Engineer will be running and maintaining long-running ML experiments, which require some software and basic hardware knowledge.
- Supporting a Research team by running long-running experiments on multiple robots. These experiments are used by our researchers to design & verify new Machine Learning Techniques that allow the device to learn to manipulate objects as a child would.
- Set up and monitor long-running experiments with ML devices, which involves physical setup as well as scripts to upload, run, and monitor software.
- Work out improvements to the current setup, debug and fix the broken robots (write bugs), communicate issues to the respective researcher, organize the lab, and write documentation.
- 5+ years of experience in Testing, with some/ recent experience on a Hardware ML Platform
- Experience working with Linux, starting/restarting processes, some bash scripting, etc.
- Basic software engineering experience (e.g. Git) and ability to read and write some Python code.
- Careful attention to detail and quality, able to catch new problems.
- Ability to understand logs and debug the root cause of issues.
- Perceptive with good mechanical intuition, very “hands-on”, able to measure carefully and catch problems early and solve them.
- Able to learn quickly by example and work in a fast-changing prototype environment where work may change week to week, without detailed step by step instructions
Please feel free to call or email skademada-at-virtusa-dot-com if you have any questions,