Description Job Description:
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
The DHS CBP SOC Program has a critical need for a Tier 2 Vulnerability Assessor to join our VAT Team.
This position will provide Vulnerability Assessment support to the United States Department of Homeland Security, focused on performing vulnerability scans of enterprise IT assets utilizing the approved scanning infrastructure. Additional responsibilities include performing research and analyzing current threats and vulnerabilities that may affect the enterprise, writing security advisories, and participating as team member performing focused adversarial assessments.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform research on current threats and vulnerabilities
- Author security advisories
- Manage enterprise vulnerability compliance
- Conduct vulnerability assessments of IT systems
- Mentor junior VAT Team members.
- Other duties as assignedRequired Skills:
- TS/SCI is preferred
- In addition to specific security clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field and 4 years of related experience. Additional years of experience and cyber certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Familiar with the management, operational, and technical aspects of IT Security in a complex enterprise environment.
- Experience working with various security methodologies and processes, advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, experience configuring and implementing various technical security solutions, extensive experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices.
Should have at least one of the following certifications:
SANS GIAC: GCED, GCIA, GCFA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFE, GREM, GXPN, GMON or GCIH ISC2 CCFP, CCSP, CISSP CERT CSIH EC Council: CHFI, LPT, ECSA, Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE EnCase: EnCE Dod 8570: IAT L3, CNDSP Analyst or IR Carnegie Mellon: CCSIH"Desired Skills:
Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement. Experience with Cyber Kill Chain.External Referral Bonus:
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:
5000Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Cyber OperationsPay Range: