Location: CHARLOTTE, NC OR DALLAS, TX OR CHICAGO, IL
Duration: 3 Months Contract to Hire
This role is unique in its emphasis on conversation design (including voice, virtual assistant, and chat) and creating consistent, innovative experiences across channels. UX Architects are responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
The User Experience & Design (UXD) organization is a multi-disciplinary service organization that designs user interactions and experiences through systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging, and productive experience. The organization is comprised of UX Architects, Visual Designers, Creative Technologists, Product Designers, Content Strategists and UX Writers who come together to produce delightful experiences.
A UX Designer leads the interaction design of complex initiatives by applying knowledge of human capabilities, technology, design best practices and standards to create usable, useful and relevant end-to-end user experiences.
This person will serve as the steward for the overall interaction model while championing ideas and designs that improve business results and exceed end user needs.
User Experience Designers are multi-faceted and possess proficiency in more than one UX discipline: Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Product Strategy, Experience Strategy and User Research. User Experience Designers are responsible for defining and delivering experiences that are engaging, usable, useful, and solve a true customer need.
This person will work on interfaces that support our customers and agents alongside product managers, developers, stakeholders, and other UX practitioners.
- Partner directly with other UX practitioners currently working on experiences in the conversation design space
- Work closely with product management to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities in an agile development environment
- Ability to design & envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time
- Use design thinking methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design decisions
- Create customer journeys, storyboards and prototypes that communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop detailed design specifications for transactional and informational virtual assistant and chat experiences
- Considerate of and focused on conceiving and delivering fantastic end-to-end, multi-modal experiences, with appreciation of flow, context, micro-interactions, performance, and tone
- Contribute to and evangelize conversation design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent experience across the brand
- Be open to feedback and engage in active listening
- Work collaboratively with other UXD practitioners (UX Architects, Visual Designers, Front-End Engineers, Content Strategist), technologists, and management on interaction design principles and best practices
- Motivated to continuously learn new skills and capabilities by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, joining professional groups and mentoring others in UX design methodologies
- 3+ years as a UX designer, UX writer, content strategist or conversation designer in highly collaborative environments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in: Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Linguistics, English, Information Sciences, Psychology, and/or Human Factors
- Experience in building user-centric conversation experiences (voice or chat) in an agile environment
- Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about conversation design, interaction design and information architecture as disciplines
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Visio, Omnigraffle
- Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Natural Language Processing, Native Mobile, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Ability to communicate and present concepts both verbally and visually
- Must be able to share work that conveys depth and breadth of previous design work