Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. (DTS) is an award-winning IT consulting firm based in Columbus, OH. We now have an opening for a UX Interaction Designer in Columbus, Ohio.
s and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Direct applicants only, no corp-to-corp candidates, third parties, or agencies, please.
Must submit a link to your online portfolio in the resume.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to quickly learn and gather relevant information to guide design direction and create solutions that address business and user requirements.
- Experience in working with complex business rules and system integrations. Must be able to clearly articulate that experience.
- Experience partnering closely with business analysts to establish requirements.
- Experience developing wireframes and prototypes from process flows & requirement sessions.
- Core interaction design skills with preferred experience designing for backend power users.
- Experience creating site maps, user flows, and low to high fidelity wireframes.
- UX experience within an Agile team process required.
- Fluency with UX design tools - Sketch, InVision, Zeplin or comparable.
- 3 plus years of professional design experience
- Portfolio that demonstrates ability to explore, design, and document digital user experiences grounded in user, business, and technical insights.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must be comfortable with critique, collaboration, and co-authorship.
- Confident in individual expertise and perspective, but eager to learn from others.
- Must have a strong understanding of design thinking and evidence of using appropriate methods to inform solutions.
- Experience with discovery research and customer journey mapping a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Psychology, Anthropology, Industrial/Product Design, Computer Science, or a design-related degree required.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Must be able to work remotely initially and then work on site in Columbus, OH when pandemic conditions allow.
- Must be able to relocate to Columbus within six months or earlier upon accepting an offer of employment with the client.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Information architecture experience
- Experience working with developers
- UX research experience
We are hiring an experienced UX Interaction Designer to work for us as a direct, W2 salaried or hourly employee, and the selected candidate will work on a potential long-term contract or contract-to-hire engagement for our client. You will:
- Work with the client’s transformation team to deliver interaction designs iteratively and guide the requirement design process.
- Demonstrate strong understanding and experience in complex business rules and system integrations.
- Be responsible for taking complicated steps and making them simple.
- Regularly communicate with business teams, product owners, and technical teams to help gather details for creating flows, sitemaps and wireframe designs.
- Quickly learn and gather relevant information to guide design direction and create solutions that address business and user requirements.
- Partner closely with business analysts to establish requirements.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes from process flows & requirement sessions.
- Participates in identifying topics and creating assets for usability testing and focus groups.
- Clearly present and validate designs by working with stakeholders.
- Help interpret and understand user feedback and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback
- Participate in ongoing research of user needs
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously with multiple teams and manage deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We’re inclusive; celebrate your role, grow in your position, feel the freedom to explore, trust the commitment, experience the opportunity. We’re growing, and we need great people to grow with us! Simply put, we’re enabled to hire the best. Our Project Delivery, Enterprise Support, Information Security, and Development Services practices are led by DTS consultants who help select our employees and then guide them. What’s in it for you? A collaborative, supportive environment where high standards, quality, and excellence are the norm.
It has an exciting Information Technology market, a reasonable cost of living, a low unemployment rate, and a strong quality of life! It’s the 14th-largest city in the United States and is home to fifteen (15) Fortune 1000 companies which are all very dependent on IT.
By building a clear sense of purpose and strong relationships within Dedicated Tech Services, the staff and leadership team can then aspire to be the technology service provider whose quality services set the standard by which others are measured and that our clients ask for by name.
In addition to the opportunity to work for a caring and supportive company, DTS offers health, vision, and dental insurance, a 401K plan, bonus options, and more! Please visit our web site for more information: https://www.dtsdelivers.com
Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer