What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
Credit Risk Solutions (CRS) is part of Transunion's Global Solutions organization and is focused on making trust possible by delivering more accurate and comprehensive information on individuals, businesses, and assets, and their relationship with each other. Our mission is to support global commerce and consumer credit transactions by developing and providing actionable data and insights- along with customer-centric tools with which organizations can effectively discern risk and manage credit decisions for the broadest population possible.
The CRS value proposition, delivered via multiple channels including- online, batch, API, as well as analytic tools- spans multiple use cases and markets, including First and Third Party Collections, Insurance, Public Sector, HealthCare and Financial Institutions, among others.What You'll Bring:
We'd Love to See:
- Proven senior leadership experience (at least 15 years) in the areas of credit risk, data analytics, portfolio risk, portfolio analysis and/or portfolio management
- 12 years of progressively more responsible experience in product management; Strong product management discipline with demonstrated success leading cross-functional product teams
- Strong collaborator with a problem-solving, design-thinking, customer-centric mind set; highly curious
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile methodologies (e.g., SAFe)
- Experience developing product roadmaps for data and/or technical solutions in a B2B environment
- Compelling and effective communication, cross functionally and at all levels, internal and external
- Exudes accountability and ownership and is passionate about the problem her products solve
- Bachelor's degree
Impact You'll Make:
- MBA or other graduate degree from a top-tier university highly desired
- Prior management consulting experience highly desired
- Solid organizational, project management, problem solving and decision making skills with a high degree of comfort managing multiple assignments
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking with a positive "can do" attitude
- Demonstrated deep expertise in leading teams in complex, matrixed organizations
This Global Head of Scores and Attributes possesses deep domain expertise in using data and analytics to develop credit solutions based on scores and attributes that enable customers to engage, acquire and manage consumers. The role is responsible for overall product direction, strategy and planning of a horizontal product capability that serves all industry verticals and international Regions for TransUnion.
You will build and steward the implementation of the product plan, gather voice of the customer, vertical & Region leaders and the relevant data & analytics marketplace, define the product roadmap, provide thought leadership and lead the overall Scores and Attributes product management, globally.
You will lead efforts to effectively evolve fundamental capabilities and products such as scores (FICO, VantageScore, custom, TU generic, etc.) as well as risk attributes and CreditVision to create market-leading, high-growth solutions. You will define the framework, based on the market's current and future needs to fill in any product capability gaps needed for success. You will develop and appraise new product ideas to determine their potential to address customer needs and to achieve high revenue growth. You will also manage strategic relationships with key industry partners that enable Credit Risk Solutions to fulfill its mission.
This role will lead, plan and track all phases of the product life cycle, from inception through introduction into the marketplace, working closely with Product Development, Operations, cross-functional support, and other go-to-market teams.Overall Responsibility:
How You Will Contribute:Strategy
- End-to-end responsibility covering product strategy/innovation, feature requirements and definition, GTM, commercialization, ongoing product health and maintenance; leads cross-functional teams and ensures alignment across all stakeholder groups
- Owns product vision, business prioritization and roadmap; develops business cases and advocates for investment as needed, which includes partnering with Markets (revenue), Data Science & Analytics, and IT (investment) teams
- Spends time with clients and client-facing analytics consultants capturing VOC and applying design thinking principles to understand their problems and needs; works with product development teams writing comprehensive product epics and defining solution intent and high-level capabilities
- Participates in (or has oversight of) Agile development ceremonies, drives PI Objectives and Release content via prioritized Features and Enablers; has scope of authority for setting PI priorities; can say "no" in multiple directions: Stakeholders, Managers and Product Owners; establishes feature acceptance criteria & accepts as done
- Thought leader and evangelist for both external and internal audiences
- Applies a commercial, user-centric mindset to build robust, market-back GTM strategies that are based on developing targeted needs-based market segments; informs pricing
- Ensures the successful roll-out of new products to Vertical and Regional Product Heads for localization and delivery
- Monitors and analyzes product financials, KPIs, customer feedback, and the competitive landscape to identify gaps, weaknesses and opportunities in any part of product delivery
- Manages overall product health including the product backlog, ongoing product support and product sunset strategies. Will also participate in data and model governance to determine response to furnished data/reporting changes with material impacts (e.g., remediations, client communication strategies, etc.).
- Shares accountability for the overall revenue performance
- Develop, communicate and execute the three-year product roadmap plan for Global Scores and Attributes
- Gather market intelligence on macro-economic and industry trends, consumer behaviors, regulatory changes and hurdles, disruptive innovations, and competitive offerings to validate and refine our product roadmap.
- Partner very closely with Data Science & Analytics (DSA) counterparts while developing product strategy
- Represent TransUnion as a thought leader and industry expert at industry conferences, in media, etc.
- Develop product concepts that leverage internal and external customer feedback and market insights
- Global products definition with consideration of how to localize into regional markets
- Identify technical partnership needs and vendors to deliver integrated point solutions
- Global responsibility for annual product categories roadmap
- Lead 3YP strategic planning initiative for Scores and Attributes
- Prioritize data investments and product development roadmap after considering the input and opportunities presented by the various TransUnion vertical leaders and sales teams
- Drive localization needs based on Global product plan and key themes and owns any local product alignment
- Leads teams of global product managers (SMEs) that work with product development teams (product owners)
- Design and develop test-and-learn pilot campaigns with other support functions and business partners to validate key hypotheses
- Direct responsibility for team members focused on product management, competitive intelligence, analysts and subject matter experts
- Indirect leadership for Product Development, Product Marketing and Data Science & Analytics
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
VP, Product Management