Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
HII - TSD is currently seeking a Webmethods Developer II to work out of their Kearneysville, WV office.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Participate in technical analysis activities to gather and document requirements for application to application integrations.
* Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
* Write clean, scalable code using Java programming languages
* Test and deploy applications and systems
* Revise, update, refactor and debug code
* Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
* Translate technical requirements into Integration specifications that will be used to implement solutions.
* Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements Data Exchanges.
* Researches, tests, build, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
* Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
* Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
* Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
* Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of others on the development team
* Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience
* Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment.
* Familiar with Pub-Sub Messaging Patterns, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* webMethods 10.x experience with configuration and administration of API Gateway, Integration Server, Universal Messaging and Terracotta Cache
* API Policy management Experience with SOAP and REST web services
* Experience with SOAP UI and Postman
* Usage of SOAP, JSON, and XML Structures.
* Proven experience in Java, J2EE and/or Java based technologies.
* Object-oriented analysis, design and SOA know-how. Exposure to microservices, web service development (SOAP, REST/JSON) and XML based configuration.
* Understanding of relational database concepts; experience with Oracle, MySQL, Postgres and/or MS SQL Server preferred
* Advanced SQL and database design skills
* Understanding of Agile methodologies
* Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
* Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
* Knowledge of webMethods JDBC Adapters, configuration and usage
* Knowledge of webMethods package system, deployments and package management.
* Knowledge of API Portal. Building Rest API s
* Knowledge protocols like SFTP, SMTP, HTTPs, FTPs, and File Polling.
* Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.