Title: IT Operations / WMS Systems Lead
Location: Cincinnati, OH – Can work remotely
Type: Direct Hire / Full Time Employee
The IT Operations and Fulfillment Systems Lead is a key member of the team partnering with the business to transform and modernize our fulfillment and warehouse systems with automation and digitalization. This person understands fulfillment and warehousing technology end-to-end and will partner with operations business leaders to align with DTC and B2B business objectives, work with fulfillment and warehouse SMEs, advise and collaborate with the technology teams on new solutions and interfaces, and guide system support engineers.
Additionally, the role will provide technical leadership within the client centers as a subject matter expert in WMS (Warehouse Management Systems), WCS (Warehouse Control Systems), WES (Warehouse Execution Systems) applications, system interfaces and data integration design, and supporting the modernization of fulfillment and shipping objectives.
• Lead the support and maintenance of warehouse and fulfillment systems and appropriately escalates system issues to their support teams to resolve issues and meet client SLAs.
• Provide strong technical knowledge and experience commissioning, deploying and maintaining specialized fulfillment and warehousing devices and equipment.
• Provide strong technical knowledge and experience developing, commissioning, or deploying WMS/WCS/WES systems and proprietary turnkey system solutions in production fulfillment centers.
• Champion and drive innovative and automated solutions in the fulfillment centers to decrease costs and increase shipment velocity. Assist with the development of new capabilities, technologies, and prototypes into a production environment.
• Drive integration between WMS, WCS, WES systems, proprietary turnkey solutions, and collaborate with stakeholders and vendors to deliver support and enhancements to meet the goals of the fulfillment team.
• Assist and advise in the architecture, testing, development, and deployment of new warehouse and fulfillment related applications, interfaces, and enhancements.
• Provide technical knowledge of data and application integration techniques in warehouse and fulfillment systems.
• Work with our clients’ technology teams providing technical insight into OceanX fulfillment integration APIs and fulfillment processes.
• Enforce change management practices to provide the necessary governance around the software/application changes.
• Oversee all warehouse-specific configurations of WMS and other ancillary applications. Performs advanced configuration of the WMS and lead company initiatives to improve WMS functionality.
• Help troubleshoot complex systems from a multidisciplinary (hardware and software) perspective.
• Understand the data models and data integration points of WMS and other ancillary applications. Work with data architecture team to help design data models to capture WMS material configuration information.
• Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Identify gaps and provide technical expertise in business requirements for system functional specifications, processes, and procedures in a cost-effective manner.
• Assist business units in As-Is/To-Be business processing modeling and BPA (Business Process Automation) endeavors.
• Lead out-of-process requests such as emergency shipments, by understanding warehouse activities, dependencies and knowing which system processes to execute.
• 10+ years of experience with managing production WMS packages from companies such as Manhattan Associates, JDA/Blue Yonder, SAP, and others
• 5+ years of experience with automation technologies such as PTL (Pick-To-Light), PTV (Pick-To-Voice), inline print and apply, inline scales/scanners along with WCS providing interface between WMS and order fulfillment systems
• 5+ years of SQL/relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and/or software engineering experience.
• Strong understanding of application integration techniques and software such as such as REST APIs, integration middleware (MuleSoft, Tibco, Magic) and ETL packages (Informatica, Stich, AWS Glue).
• Extensive understanding and knowledge of warehouse and fulfillment management systems and their relationships with the ERP and other applications.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures including inventory control, wave picking, cluster picking, zone picking and B2B such as EDI/ASN transactions.
• Detail oriented and ability to organize multiple tasks/project deliverables.
• Must have an excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage the IT needs of a production support environment.
BENEFITS PACKAGE TO INCLUDE:
•401 (k) w/Company Match
•Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
•Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
•Flexible Spending Program
•Paid Time Off
To indicate your desire to be considered for this role, please complete and return this very brief questionnaire:
Work Authorization/VISA Status:
Expected Pay rate on C2C/W2:
Updated Resume and your experiences with above job description.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Thanks & Regards
Lokesh (Luke) | Talent Acquisition Specialist
iSpace Inc | El Segundo, California 90245
Tel: 310-929-2426 | Fax: 310-563-3801