Description Job Description:
Leidos is currently seeking an x86 Systems Administrator to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore. The X86 Systems Administrator
, will require you to be part of a Cloud Operations Team providing technical expertise, training and support for all aspects of Windows and VMware infrastructure to include administration and implementation of Vmware Vcenter, Vsphere 6.x.. This will include administration and migration activities to AWS. Candidate must also be capable of maintaining various hardware platforms to include HP, DELL and Cisco bladeframes as well as rack-mount servers. Knowledge in administering HP/DELL Bladeframe Network and SAN Connectivity and troubleshooting. Must be able to build, maintain and troubleshoot hosting environment from hardware and hypervisor configuration and setup to maintaining virtual machines (X86 Win/RHEL), as well as be able to proactively monitor and detect potential issues that may impact performance on both hypervisors, physical and virtual servers. Administer and monitor changes to the Active Directory to include domain promotions and schema updates, Organization Unit structure, Group Policy management, DHCP, DNS and access controls. Powershell scripting for operational information retrieval and custom requests is also desired. Candidate must have ability to independently tackle operational problems, develop solutions, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors. Candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The Engineer must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality operational support management with minimal business impact.
- Support enterprise hosting technologies to include Vmware.
- Respond quickly and collaborate with team for all Windows and VMware operational issues.
- Collaborate in weekly meetings with Cloud engineering team, take action and provide status updates on ongoing operational projects.
- Resolve complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Support overall x86 hardware in datacenter and remote location to include firmware and driver ugprades.
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows O/S, collect performance data and review event logs to determine root cause of various problem that come up with Application servers.
- Experience with Windows and VMware technologies: Vsphere, Vcenter.
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals.
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Ability to train other staff members on latest technologies.
- Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot x86 workloads (Wintel and RHEL)
- Ability to create powershell scripts for custom operational needs
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft based certifications
- Red hat Linux Based certification
- Vmware certification
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.