State Employees' Credit Union is looking for an experienced Mainframe DB2 Systems Programmer to be part of the Systems Engineering infrastructure team. The focus of this role is for the installation, customization, and administration of DB2 and DB2-related tools in a z/OS mainframe environment, as well as to provide technical support for DB2 applications in all life cycle environments (development, integration, test, and prod). You will also be responsible for creating maintenance jobs to support the databases as well as participating in trouble-shooting and optimization of databases and queries to improve performance in accordance with SECU policies, procedures, and standards.
- Install, configure, and maintain the DB2 and DB2-related tools in a z/OS environment.
- Assist with the selection and implementation of DB2 systems software tools.
- Perform DB2 DBA activities in an efficient manner including collaborating with other teams to migrate VSAM-based applications into a DB2 environment, planning and testing with other departments, reporting problems and recommending remediation measures.
- Document new technologies and applications, including DR recovery scenarios.
- Implement replication/backup/recovery of databases and database movement between environments.
- Continually monitor and maintain DB2 databases to achieve peak performance and uptime, including query performance optimization and tuning.
- Assist with capacity planning and forecasting projections to ensure optimal 24x7 availability.
- Manage database resources to ensure adequate resource availability while maximizing throughput.
- Provide root cause analysis and remediation for DB2 infrastructure issues.
- Bachelors degree is required. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Mainframe Systems Programmer with DB2 expertise in a DBA capacity. Version 11 experience required, Version 12 experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of mainframe software installation (expert level SMP/E experience), customization, and administration of IBM DB2 and third party products.
- Installation experience with DB2 is a required. z/OS, ISPF, JCL, and TSO skills are required. Reading SQL is required. Knowledge of RACF security may prove beneficial. Preference will be given to those who also have familiarity with the PEP+ application.
- Critical analysis and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Project and team management skills are a plus. Ability to mentor junior level staff is required.
- Flexibility to work with various technical and business user teams to enhance enterprise application performance and security is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- This position supports a 24/7 environment and requires on-call coverage after normal business hours and on weekends.
No relocation assistance will be provided.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vet"