Job Title: Application Developer, Guidewire PolicyCenter
- A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States.
- No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, develop and lead the execution of efficient and cost-effective project plans for system design across multiple areas of the company. Lead complex projects established as corporate priorities throughout the company.
- Prepare project plans by gathering, analyzing and making recommendations based on client input. Coordinate with the client throughout project lifecycle.
- Be the subject matter expert.
- Maintain a mutual understanding of project direction with project team.
- Balance project priorities, resource allocations and ensure deadlines are met.
- Facilitate meetings, training and client presentations.
- Design business and technical solutions by interfacing with internal resources across all areas of the company.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation for application features and functions.
- Design and develop high-level functional requirements and scope acceptance for new development and enhancements of applications, products, and services.
- Transform functional requirements into system specifications by writing clear and concise application requirements documents.
- Lead in the discussions of architecture design, replacements and enhancements.
- Develop, maintain and support complex programs to meet specifications.
- Work with advanced programming logic and techniques.
- Analyze and create efficient data structures.
- Ensure programs effectively interface across various applications.
- Conduct analysis and testing to identify program errors.
- Analyze and improve application performance.
- Improve efficiency across multiple applications and platforms.
- Create debugging and troubleshooting tools.
- Unit test and implement the application, product, and/or service within area of responsibility as well as provide support throughout project lifecycle.
- Define detailed test plan and acceptance criteria.
- Lead in problem definition, analysis, and development of solutions.
- Provide quality assurance.
- Lead effort to analyze vendor products and tools. Prepare formal recommendation as well as conduct presentation to management.
- Provide leadership to junior staff through guidance and training. Provide input regarding performance.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 4+ years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Guidewire / Java based Platform, especially on their Web Portal side of their Web/API Applications Transactions.
Vital Tech Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.