Electrical Engineer (Electric Power Distribution Design, Equipment Testing, Voltage equipment, Voltage Switchgears, Transformer, Vibration) in Blair, Nebraska
5+ years of experience
POSITION: Electrical Engineer (Electric Power Distribution Design, Equipment Testing, Voltage equipment, Voltage Switchgears, Transformer, vibration) in Blair, Nebraska
LOCATION: Blair, Nebraska (onsite)
DURATION: Full Time onsite Position
SALARY: Excellent Compensation with benefits + relocation + 401K
SKILLS: Electrical Engineering Degree, Electrical Power Professional Engineer (PE), Electric Power distribution design, High Horsepower Motors, Medium Voltage equipment, Medium Voltage Switchgears, Transformer, vibration, infrared, ultrasound, machinery lubrication, electrical power equipment testing
For one of our Global Clients, we are aggressively searching for an "Electrical Engineer" to be based in Blair, Nebraska.
The Electrical Engineer will apply technical knowledge to design, develop and maintain overall governance on standards, application, gaps, solutions and measurements to increase production quality, efficiency and volume for the business. In this role, you will perform routine activities related to electrical engineering to enable projects and improve our capabilities by providing engineering support for the organization.
- Apply general knowledge of principles, terms and practices of the electrical engineering discipline to support the design and build of safe and reliable operations.
- Responsible to coordinate and provide direct support and delivery of services for an operation.
- Execute and support electrical engineering standards and deliverables in capital projects.
- Monitor and support progress for projects with low to medium levels of complexity and ensure appropriate resource allocations and portfolio prioritization.
- Implement, monitor and track audit control mechanisms within area of scope to track performance and provide actionable solutions that contribute to improvements.
- Support more senior team members to assess electrical engineering development and application opportunities and further dissemination across common practice areas.
- Support, analyze and develop conclusions regarding areas of improvement and identify opportunities to improve performance and determine acceptable risk tolerance.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electric Engineering OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2+ to 5 years of related work experience.
- 5+ years of Electric Power distribution design and maintenance experience with High Horsepower Motors, Medium Voltage equipment and Medium Voltage Switchgears and Transformers
- Familiar with all the components in electrical distribution system, transformer, systems, breakers, fuses
Testing requirement for those items
- Project Management Skills.
- Strong technical and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Experience with predictive technologies (MCA, vibration, infrared, ultrasound, machinery lubrication).
- Experience with electrical power equipment testing (NETA).
- Basic understanding of National Electric Code (NEC), IEC standards and ISA standards.
- Experience with Corn Milling, Oil and Gas, or Petro Chemical equipment and processes.
- Electrical Power Professional Engineer (PE) or EIT pursuing a Professional Engineer license.
Our Ideal Candidate will be experienced in the following:
- Self- starter, someone with 2-5 years of experience in the electrical power distribution field, industrial or chemical facilities.
- Knowledgeable of electrical safety in industrial facilities, NFPA 70E, NFPA 70
- Familiar with electrical power coordination studies.
- Arch Flesh calculations
- Familiar with all the component in electrical distribution system, transformer, systems, breakers, fuses
Testing requirement for those items
- Familiar with different equipment in the voltage 40,800 volts down to 24 volts