- C +
- C + +
- C language
- C programming
- C programming language
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Embedded Software
Job Title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI / Hybrid but candidates must reside in Michigan
Our client is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to work as part of a team developing Software designs and architectures for state-of-the-art micro-controllers, mixed signal ASICs, Sensors, switches and actuators used in current and future conventional and brake-by-wire electronic braking systems.
The candidate will be expected develop AutoSAR and non AutoSAR designs and architectures for state-of-the-art micro-controllers, mixed signal ASICs, Sensors, High speed communication, Cybersecurity and actuators used in current and future conventional and brake-by-wire electronic braking systems.
Candidate shall have knowledge of the C programming language for embedded systems; AutoSAR; demonstrate competency with software requirements, software design, software debugging, testing and software release. The candidate should also have basic understanding of the electronics circuit within the Electronics control Unit (ECU).
- Design of SW components for embedded systems in accordance with the requirements
- Design of AUTOSAR software component descriptions with modeling tools
- Specification of the behavior of the components using UML
- Optimization of the design in terms of resources (RAM/ROM run-time) and other criteria
- Design of embedded software and associated tooling (e.g. code Generators)
- Define, track and review work packages for software components to be implemented (in the C language) and tested offshore
- Close international cooperation with other departments, customers and projects
- Support for implementation and testing in the areas of requirement analysis, architecture, integration and software security analysis according to ISO26262
- Bachelor degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience and working knowledge of C/C++ as well as the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Design of Multi-Core embedded System Software desired
- Ability to integrate software with target hardware in a lab environment
- Experience with Pre-emptive Real-Time Operating Systems
- Familiar with Automotive systems, Real Time or Near Real Time operating environments, Rhapsody, DOORs, PTC Integrity, Software architecture modeling.