The Technical Architect provides technology direction, ensures project implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. As a Technology Architect, you will significantly contribute to identifying best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Leadership team and may mentor Junior Architects and /or development team members.
Perficient is always looking for the best and brightest talent and we need you! We’re a quickly-growing, global digital consulting leader, and we’re transforming the world’s largest enterprises and biggest brands. You’ll work with the latest technologies, expand your skills, and become a part of our global community of talented, diverse, and knowledgeable colleagues.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Databricks Technical Architect (HealthCare)- REMOTE in our Data Solutions practice. This is a national position that can be in any well-connected city. Perficient is on a mission to help enterprises take advantage of modern data and analytics architectures, tools, and patterns to improve the business operations and better engage customers. Perficient’s Data Solutions practice has won dozens of industry awards for our state-a-the-art and innovative solutions that we provide our customers. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to assist Perficient and its customers to grow the capabilities necessary to improve care through better use of data and information, and in the process take their career to the next level.
You will work with architects and infrastructure teams to develop, test, deploy and troubleshoot your code as well as provide input into solutions and design of the system. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions focused on our clients' business needs.
- Architect market leading Databricks solutions on leading Cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform. This includes ETL/ELT and Lakehouse architecture and design.
- Provide data architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for data management.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Document code artifacts and participate in developing user documentation and run books
- Troubleshoot deployment to various environments and provide test support.
- Participate in design sessions, demos, and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices, and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- 8+ years of professional experience with Data Management technologies and a minimum of 8 years of EDW Experience with 3 - 5 Years of Experience with Databricks, Lakehouse Architecture, and/or Spark/Scala.
- Experience with Databricks Platform administration, cluster sizing and optimization, and CI/CD lifecycles.
- At least 3 Databricks project implementations that exploit the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize) – is a MUST.
- Experience migrating data platforms to Databricks including Hadoop/Cloudera, Teradata, Redshift, etc.
- At least 5 Years architecting ETL/ELT solutions using commercial tools.
- Design and architecture experience supporting Big Data Pipelines.
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint.
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices.
- Proven track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing offshore teams.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience leading internal initiatives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certification in Databricks, Apache Spark and/or Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure) preferred
- Ability to lead data strategy assessments and technically lead implementation projects.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
WHO WE ARE
Perficient is a leading global digital consultancy. We imagine, create, engineer, and run digital transformation solutions that help our clients exceed customers’ expectations, outpace competition, and grow their business. With unparalleled strategy, creative, and technology capabilities, our colleagues bring big thinking and innovative ideas, along with a practical approach to help our clients – the world’s largest enterprises and biggest brands succeed.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At Perficient, we promise to challenge, champion, and celebrate our people. You will experience a unique and collaborative culture that values every voice. Join our team, and you’ll become part of something truly special.
We believe in developing a workforce that is as diverse and inclusive as the clients we work with. We’re committed to actively listening, learning, and acting to further advance our organization, our communities, and our future leaders… and we’re not done yet.
Perficient, Inc. proudly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Perficient, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Perficient, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or covered veterans. Improper interference with the ability of Perficient, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Perficient is committed to providing a barrier-free employment process with reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.