Title: Senior Project Manager, Metadata Operations
Location: Remote (team is based out in Los Angeles, CA)
Type: 06 – 12+ Month contract (long term – extensions)
As a Senior Project Manager within the Business Applications & Tech department, you are a self-starter who can fill a critical role in managing a wide variety of projects for the department’s success. Your ability to build cross-functional relationships with the company and with outside partners is essential. The Senior Project Manager manages the day-to-day planning, prioritization, and implementation of software development projects across the Programming & Program Scheduling department and report to the Director of App Development & Integrations.
We are creating a culture where self-starters continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. Our team members are curious, proactive, and enthusiastic about trying new things in the spirit of innovation. We are seeking someone who has a strong understanding of project management practices, has experience with Entertainment and Media.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive concurrent projects from initiation to closure by thinking strategically and building plans that outline key dates, dependencies, and priorities.
- Collaborate with team members to define a project’s purpose, goals, and overall timelines.
- Build and maintain relationships with technology teams, business stakeholders, and outside partners to drive the progress on projects, and be prepared to navigate changes that will inevitably arise.
- Conduct regular project scrum meetings, capture notes, follow up on action items, and be responsible for communicating the status throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Develop and lead working groups to capture technical requirements, create diagrams, document specifications, and design needs that become part of the overall project plan.
- Ensure project management methodologies and best practices are being adhered to, including informally educating team members on the process.
- Create and organize project documentation and provide and maintain accurate and timely project information in plans, communications, and status reporting.
- Assist and coordinate with the team to create and manage support requests, triaging issues, adjust prioritizations, create documentation, and follow up with others.
- Use solid judgment to escalate issues appropriately.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to balance planning and doing; know when to switch gears from one to the other.
- Ability to put yourself in the position of others and relate to the challenges they may have.
- Ability to anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur; effectively work with team members and management to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent responsibilities, excellent organizational skills.
- Communicate complex information in a clear, concise manner to a variety of audiences: development teams, product managers, vendors, and senior management.
- Supportive of diverse perspectives and opinions, welcoming the contribution of others
- An entrepreneur's can-do spirit and enjoy problem-solving within a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Project management, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science. Alternatively, related field or equivalent work experience in consulting, engineering, or project management.
- 6+ years of experience working with project management practices in consulting, systems engineering, information technology, or software development.
- Experience with modern project management tools and applications such as Slack, Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet, ServiceNow, Lucid chart, Box, etc.; willingness to learn new technologies to adapt to team standards.
- Fluent in Agile methodology and skilled in project management practices.
- Experience working with technology in the Media & Entertainment industry
- Experience with metadata management principles
- Experience with integration frameworks and technologies
- PMP or MBA.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Thanks & Regards
Lokesh (Luke) | Talent Acquisition
Tel: | Email:
iSpace Inc | El Segundo, CA |