Position: Cloud Migration Tester
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 12+Months Contract on C2C(Self Corp)/W2/1099
We are seeking a Cloud Migration Tester to identify workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration. Automate solutions for repeatable problems. Develop test plan and test scripts to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration.
- Analyze, document and articulate business requirements for complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic for software coding. Design and execute test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
- Develop detailed specifications of application and document in a form that it can be used for coding application. This includes architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
- Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised application.
- Extract data requirements through various methods including individual and group discussions, independent data analysis and by extracting from a suite of mathematical functions and code.
- Confer with business units and technical staff to understand data usage, lineage and attributes. Perform or review coding done to render specifications into application functionalities, screens, or outputs.
- Develop test plan and/or test application in development status or debug application in production mode.
- Document or review documentation of steps in specification development, coding, testing and user acceptance for future reference and for internal control purposes.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Participate in project meetings to plan rewrite of addition to application in production or being revised for release into production.
- May mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Promote productive relationships between stakeholders and technology partners, providing clarity & ensuring processes are streamlined.
- 8+ years of related work experience; finance, economics, and/or secondary mortgage industry knowledge desired.
- Technical skills: Oracle, stored procedures, and advanced querying.
- Advanced Oracle / SQL skills, ability to design Python scripts for data analysis, ability to perform existing code analysis in Java and Python.
- Familiarity with Linux / UNIX and AWS cloud environments.
- Experienced in data analysis, consolidating date sets, extracting data, and performing data modeling.
- Ability to document highly complex data processing.
- Experience working with software developers in a medium to large organization following SDLC or Agile processes.
- Must have experience supporting customer application development lifecycles (e.g., analysis, design, testing). Experience with writing Gherkin stories, test cases, and acceptance criteria.
- Experience providing input to specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts and analysis results using creative visualizations. Comfortable presenting and relaying information to anyone including upper management.
- This is a remote position and requires the ability to work in a home office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate home environment noise.