- Microsoft Windows
- Windows Server
- Apache Web Servers
Please, no third parties. Permanent residents only.
This position will be fully onsite in San Diego for 90 days then hybrid remote/onsite, and no relocation assistance is available.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide organization with an expert level of technical expertise as it applies to Microsoft and Linux server environments.
- Plan and guide the technical installation, maintenance, and operation of computer operating systems, as well as software and system hardware for multiple applications supporting systems of a complex nature.
- Support commercial internet product line, web application hosting, business application, infrastructure, systems integration and disaster recovery to maintain 99.99% uptime.
- Collaborate with IT Operations team to plan and coordinate installation of hardware, software updates, changes and enhancements to assure cost-effective, efficient and continued computer services.
- Actively resolve inquiries, problems, complaints or emergencies affecting availability or quality of services.
- Respond to sensitive, complex inquiries or service complaints with a positive customer care mindset.
- Interface with third-party technical support personnel and support vendors.
- Stay abreast of and research information technology trends in order to remain current with information technology.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in a system administration or similar role.
- Experience in Microsoft IIS and Apache web servers in a commercial hosting environment.
- Advanced knowledge of networks, servers, cyber security and telecommunication systems.
- Experience in automation and scripting; core scripting languages with history of task automation.
- Unix Shell Procedural languages; Unix/Linux and Windows scripting.
- Experience with clustering and blade server technologies.
- Experience with virtualization utilizing some or all of the following; Hyper-V, VMWare, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud technology, Nutanix or HCI.
- Experience with SAN and NAS.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computer hardware, operating systems, office automation software, printers, plotters, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to approach problems in a flexible and creative manner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Open to listening to others’ ideas and reaching across functional borders.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with automated deployment and build tools.
- Ability to work well under pressure; able to maintain perspective when a system failure occurs, communicate status to management and provide quick resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels within the organization.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in IS, CS, or related field is preferred.
tags: system administrator, systems administrator, system engineer, systems engineer, network engineer, network administrator, linux engineer, linux administrator. linux systems administrator, linux system administrator, linux system engineer, linux systems engineer, windows system administrator, windows systems administrator, windows system engineer, windows systems engineer, windows administrator