- SQL Server
- Configuration Management
- IT service management
- FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
Role :: FlexNet Manager
Location :: Columbus, OH
Duration :: Contract (Long term)
The FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications Administrator will manage 20 global Windows license servers and 3 Unix license servers in addition to administering the central license management tool FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications (FNMEA). This will include installation, configuration, and management of all vendor license manager tools for concurrent licenses.
- 3+ years of experience managing FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
- Windows server administration experience.
- Unix navigational and file management experience a plus
- Good understanding of the many software license types
- Experience installing and configuring vendor license managers
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving license manager configuration and connectivity issues
- Experience writing scripts with PowerShell or other language to perform simple tasks like changing an application's license server path on a client machine
- Strong communication skills
- Data analysis skills to determine license usage trends and identify potential cost savings
- SQL Server skills a plus. Especially writing queries
- Experience working with Configuration Management or IT Service Management applications like BMC Remedy or ServiceNow
- Ensure licenses and license managers are always up and running.
- Maintain all license manager and server configuration and communication within FNMEA
- Respond quickly to notifications from FNMEA when a license server or manager is down
- Work with vendor support to request new or updated license files when necessary and to troubleshoot and resolve potential license manager issues
- Troubleshoot and provide customer support for user license issues/problem tickets.
- Generate license usage reports from FNMEA when requested. Review for usage trends.
- Identify any potential license compliance violations and recommend solutions
- Update FNMEA when a new version is released.
- Respond to user license issue problem tickets
- Participate in quarterly data center maintenance windows
- Write/update technical documentation such as processes, procedures, or step-by-step instructions.
SYSMIND LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without any discrimination. We promote and support a diverse workforce at all levels in the company. All job offers are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check and reference checks. Additionally passing the drug test may also be required. All contractors intending to work on SYSMIND's W2 are "at will" employees.