The WLAN Administrator must be well versed is network architectures and components. The WLAN Administrator will work with Network Engineers, IT Specialists, and others to plan, implement, configure, troubleshoot, produce reports, provide analysis of data, administer the WLAN components and network systems and provide any necessary training. The WLAN Administrator must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly dynamic and innovative work environment.
- At least 5 years total network management experience operating, maintaining and updating a WLAN network to ensure they are kept up to date to ensure proper operations are maintained. This includes adding or deleting sites and or network devices, making configuration changes, upgrading Operating Systems, at a minimum.
- At least 5 years of engineering level network support that includes specific knowledge of:
- CISCO and/orAruba wireless infrastructure. Skills and experience in both is a big plus.
- Access point/authentication, and device management technologies and processes
- Experience using the Microsoft office suite of tools.
- Demonstrate that security policies/GSP/IRM mandates were met/implemented correctly on network devices, best practices were implemented, new technologies deployed to meet customer needs, software levels were maintained, and global configurations were managed and updated.
- At least 5 years’ experience with supporting a large scale government network.
- Experience with the ITIL V3 IT Lifecycle Management Framework.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or closely with other developers with minimal guidance.
Education, Degrees, Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject. Experience may be substituted for degree.
- At least one of the following appropriate certificates must be active and provided to Leidos upon candidate submission.
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Data certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Wireless certification or higher
- ITIL v3 Certifications
- Any CISCO or Aruba WLAN Certifications
If this doesn't sound like the right opportunity for you, but you know someone who is qualified to join this team, please forward this information to them today!
ABOUT NETWORK DATA SYSTEMS
Network Data Systems (NDS), founded in 1997, is a proven leader as an IT Professional Services and Managed Services provider. We are a privately-owned company with 85%+ of our revenue from IT managed and professional services (not hardware) which means our people are the core of our business and success. The company, and our success, has been built on integrity and values to deliver high satisfaction to our employees and customers.
Services we provide include assessment, transformation, staff augmentation and managed services to enterprise and mid-market companies in the US and most-of-world markets. Network Data Systems also supports our customers with re-sale services of major IT manufacturers like Cisco, Juniper and Aruba/HPE and other providers. Many of our clients are Fortune 500 companies with complex systems, multi-national workforces, and challenging integration issues. They depend on us as a partner to have the technical know-how to pull it all together, design a smart and solid solution, and execute according to plan.
Our Remote Managed Services provides proactive monitoring and management services, 24x7x365. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) is 100% US based supporting customers premise based, cloud and hybrid IT technologies to include but not limited to: Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless, Wide Area Network (WAN), Software Defined Network (SDWAN), Unified Communications & Collaborations (UC) and Data Center Services. Our customers span multiple verticals to include Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Education, Service Providers, and State and Federal Governments.
Network Data Systems holds major industry certifications with Cisco as Gold and Master Managed Services Partner, Aruba Gold Certified Partner, Juniper Elite Certified Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, and other manufacturer certifications. Network Data Systems is ISO 27001 and ISO 27701 Certificated for security and privacy.