This hands-on engineering position will have a full range of responsibilities to evolve and support a host of our direct clients applications and cloud infrastructure through a strong understanding of algorithm, data structure and cloud architecture. From incorporating cutting edge technologies to designing robust customer-centric solutions that scale, the Software Engineer will rely on a skill set that includes Java, Ruby on Rails, MySql/MS SQL. This position plays an integral role supporting our team, product, clients and company as we grow our SaaS based offerings.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Learn our cloud-based application and our human business process.
- Reduce risk by identifying a portion of the application code that can modularized into its own service; set up an API between that service and the main application.
- Convert product backlog into implemented features.
Our Clients Environment:
- Pair programming Ruby on Rails and ReactJS -- with some independent work as well.
- Agile methodology / Test-First implementation.
- Document as-needed.
- GitHub for source code revisioning
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- B.S in Computer Science or equivalent degree (Required) / M.S in Computer Science (preferred)
- 3-5 years as a full-stack software developer
- 2+ year(s) architecting, implementing, and maintaining REST API clients and a REST API server.
Nice to Have
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Algorithm analysis / evaluation.
- Oral and written communication skills: verbal, written, whiteboard, virtual / remote.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to enable successful interactions with internal and external users and stakeholders.
- A change agent and strong collaborator who is not afraid of challenging status quo
- An individual who brings strong core values, quality, ethics, and integrity
- A collaborative team player who embraces and champions the culture
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver results and meet commitments in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional and dynamic communications skills with the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels, build consensus and commitment, and effectively drive change throughout the organization at a rate that fits the corporate culture
- Demonstrates a business process orientation to developing solutions