DataNet Systems Corporation is currently seeking an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator with strong communication and leadership skills to provide database administration technical support for some new agile projects involving developing web applications that leverage legacy client databases to produce improved data analysis and reporting capabilities.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Lead role in trouble shooting and solving problems relative to current environment and architecture using a wide range of techniques and resources to detect, identify and eliminate database system problems
- Lead the database administration technical support for a small cross functional team tasked with developing new capabilities for our client to access, analyze and generate reports on mission critical data from legacy database systems. The new web applications that will be accessible via Amazon Web Services
- Documents the established procedures used to perform repetitive but complex DBA tasks
- Establishes and maintains comprehensive database design including updating documentation reflecting changes to the database design
- Produces reports for a wide variety of purposes
- Provides technical assistance to the computer operations staff and user community
- Performs database backups, integrity checks, load monitoring and performance tuning.
- Develops, documents and enforces standards for access to the databases
- Analyzes all informational requirements of production systems and develops database specifications
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years professional experience that includes SQL Server database experience. The candidate will also hold relevant SQL Server database certifications and possess a strong SQL Server background experience.
Candidate must possess the desire to learn independently as well as in a team and can manage time well and meet multiple deadlines in an agile environment.
1725 I Street NW, Suite 300 Washington, DC, 20006