Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Remote Paralegal
for a Contract
assignment with one of our premier Financial Services.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Legal Assistant to join the in-house Legal Services Team to support the Legal Affairs department. The incumbent will primarily support attorneys and professionals in the Public Company Unit. The successful candidate will also support the work of other areas of Legal Affairs and the Legal Services Team initiatives. The Senior Legal Assistant will have experience working at a large law firm, corporation, or other organization and exhibit proficient knowledge and skills in matters relating to public company SEC disclosures and corporate governance with sharp attention to detail, strong legal acumen, and comfort with autonomy. Strong learning and working agility maintaining a high volume of work showcasing high level of initiative, confidentiality, good judgment, and collaboration are a must. Solid legal research skills and legal systems proficiencies are required. Responsibilities
- Assist with preparation, review and filing of SEC disclosure (including Form 8-K, Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, proxy statements and Section 16 filings), including review for clear presentation and conformity to legal requirements and attorney guidance, and maintenance of related records to support Section 16 ownership information.
- Maintain SharePoint site with Unit policies, procedures, records, schedules, and other information.
- Collect, draft, and analyze documents providing multifaceted information efficiently.
- Successfully coordinate, monitor, and manage progress on multiple deliverables with capability of anticipating issues and knowing when to escalate issues.
- Provide robust assistance to attorneys and stakeholders by participating in projects including participation in team huddles, events and meetings as required with attorneys and Legal Services teams.
- Advanced technical skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-Docs, SharePoint, Outlook, Workshare Compare, Westlaw, Lexis, NAIC website, NILS, web-based applications, and legal systems, etc.). Experience with [W-Desk][Workiva] or other direct SEC filing application, and maintaining SEC EDGAR access codes, a plus.
- Perform proficient legal research with sound knowledge of legal concepts and ability to analyze facts.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with the ability to translate complex business and legal concepts into clear and compelling text.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, workload/project management and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to shifting demands working under tight deadlines and multiple detailed tasks.
- Takes ownership of deliverables, is accountable, and owns professional development by actively seeking out feedback, learning new skills and new systems quickly and teaching others as necessary.
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain confidential information sensitively and discreetly.
- Ability to manage a high volume workload successfully with increasing demands and changes demonstrating agility, flexibility, composure, and adaptability.
- Ability to work independently with integrity and ethical professional judgment knowing when to escalate issues.
- Passion for process analysis and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate and maintain positive working relationships fostering a productive work environment.
- Continuously refine, develop, and expand skills in anticipation of changes in the work environment or profession.
- 5+ years of paralegal experience in corporate law firm or similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree or Paralegal Degree or certificate.
- Notary Public.
- Corporate Governance experience.
SGA is a technology and resource solutions provider driven to stand out. We are a women-owned business. Our mission: to solve big IT problems with a more personal, boutique approach. Each year, we match consultants like you to more than 1,000 engagements. When we say let's work better together, we mean it. You'll join a diverse team built on these core values: customer service, employee development, and quality and integrity in everything we do. Be yourself, love what you do and find your passion at work. Please find us at https://sgainc.com
EEO Employer: Race, Color, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Religion, National Origin, Disability, Veteran Status, Age, Marital Status, Pregnancy, Genetic Information, or Other Legally Protected Status.