Deloitte's Brand Operations Services is looking for experienced food service industry professionals with excellent communication skills, judgment, and analytical abilities to execute consultative, quality assurance visits for our quick service food client. This is an excellent opportunity for professionals who are well versed in food service operations to use their industry experience to lead discussions and recommendations with restaurant clients on business priorities in a friendly, helpful, and professional manner.
In this role, the Field Examiner will travel to their assigned client and perform quality assurance examinations in accordance with the client program. This is an excellent opportunity for professionals who are well spoken and can effectively lead discussions with quick service food clients on business priorities in a friendly, helpful, and professional manner.
The Field Examiner may also be a key player in developing and, at times, leading client trainings for new hires and periodically throughout the client program.
Our business goal is to offer clients information and feedback regarding their customers' experience. Clients served are within the quick service food industry with 2000+ locations located through the continental US. The Field Examiner is responsible for contributing to the development of, as well as providing, this high-level advice and these recommendations to clients.Work You'll Do
- Understand and contribute to the development of the client expectations and conduct the customer experience and quality examinations to meet the unique expectations for their assigned client.
- The Field Examiner must become well-versed in the client's business and specific client requirements, the details of the brand and customer experience, and the methods and procedures of Brand Operations Services.
- Ability to recite by memory client specific processes, requirements, and product verbiage while in a busy kitchen environment.
- Through rapport building, employee conversations and visual indicators, the Field Examiner must be able to independently uncover and recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement to line level and management personnel on deviations and opportunities within the restaurant's process, product, and equipment.
- Taste various menu items throughout the day per the program requirements including meats, dairy, produce, gluten-based products, nuts, tree nuts, etc.
- Responsible for producing accurate and consistent evaluations that include written reports in English. Entering the results real-time into a native iPad application.
- Exercise high level of judgment in evaluating the client's business operations and service delivery by determining and recommending areas of improvement, action planning and root cause analysis.
- The Field Examiner must interact with restaurant/location management to review assessment data and recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement.
- Provide important quality-assurance information to clients, while using discretion to determine areas where the quality of the client's business operations can be improved.
- Exercise initiative in formulating improvements in established Brand Operations Services procedures. Provide recommendations to the Business Solution Analysis Lead to improve consultant tools, worksheets, and training materials.
- Represent the company in important client meetings and interactions. Contribute to building strong client relationships through interactions with clients' personnel in a professional manner and demonstration of industry and functional knowledge.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and conference calls on a regular basis as deemed by the Business Solution Analysis Leads/Manager
- Attend and contribute to client meetings and participate in client programs
The successful Field Examiner will possess:
- Excellent command of English language (clearly speaking, reading comprehension, and writing) with strong analytic and presentation abilities.
- Skillful and fluid communication skills possessing the flexibility to communicate effectively with each client representative in the style and manner that they prefer.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment by using industry knowledge and fully comprehending clients' business models and need
- 2+ years of restaurant, food service and/or hospitality experience
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and present data to varying audiences
- Proficiency with all current technology and Microsoft Office programs, including, but not limited to:
- iPad / tablet / notebook / smartphone functionality
- Comfortable with both android and apple systems
- Ability to download and interact with mobile applications
- Comfortable utilizing tablet as extra display for laptop
- Laptop functionality
- Video conferencing software (i.e., Zoom)
- Ability to utilize multiple web applications (at least 3) at one time
- Microsoft Teams
- Must be able/prepared to travel extensively throughout any region required by the client independently (100%, annually). Travel includes weekly flights (leaving Monday, returning Friday) and extensive daily driving. Client driving trips may, on occasion, last 2 weeks in duration, with travel over weekends.
- Ability to obtain valid passport and/or valid travel documentation is required
- Ability to obtain valid US driver's license
- Must reside in close proximity to a major airport (
- Ability to obtain a ServSafe Managers certification
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- 3+ years leadership experience, preferably in an operations team lead or supervisory role
- Current ServSafe/Tips certification, HACCP training/certification
- Management Operations experience within the Food and Beverage, Hospitality, and/or customer service field
- Training/facilitation experience targeted toward different learning styles and audiences
- BA/BS degree in Culinary, Hospitality or Business fields preferred
- Multilingual (Spanish & French preferred)