When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You'll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
Actively seeking an experienced application Sr. Developer with expertise in detailed technical design and development of distributed applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. As a Sr. Developer, you will own the application architecture, detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms and provide support to the junior developers. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for application development and production support
- Performing Sr. Developer role on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Collaborating with other platforms to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
- Enforcing existing process guidelines
- Mentoring junior developers
- Supporting QA/UAT during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conducting design & code reviews and ensuring the development test practice is in place; unit/integration testing
- Tracking developers' bandwidth to assist in resource allocation
- Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development
- Supporting/reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
- Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Providing oversight to third party vendor applications with respect to procurement, security review, architecture review, deployment/upgrades, and entitlements
- Basic Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of well-rounded Java development experience deployed on the Linux/Unix/Windows Platform.
- Solid understanding of web and distributed technologies
- Accuracy and thoroughness in the implementation and be comfortable in a fast-paced and cutting edge development environment.
- Must be able to work independently off a set of requirements and implement it to meet requirements.
- Perform Full SDLC Life Cycle Development including new development and maintenance and must be able to work extended hours when required to meet project demands (the exception).
- Expert with JAVA application architecture approach and recommendation
- Expert at Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and Design Patterns
- Performance tuning
- Multi-threading and parallel programming
- Developing code, creating unit test scripts, and developing/executing the integration test suite
- Ability to support, upgrade vendor applications
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
The candidate should have be exposed, have a working knowledge, and/or have a strong technical background with the following:
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA, Security, Apache
- Application Layer - Java, Microsoft.Net, Shell scripts, PL/SQL, TSQL
- Integration Layer - XML/JSON, JMS, Web Services (HTTP/REST), SOAP, Apache CXF
- Messaging Formats - XML, JSON, Flat Files
- Messaging Transmission - JMS, FTP, MQ Series
- Data Layer - Hibernate/iBatis, Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
- Reporting - Excel, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Tableau
- Integration Development Environment (IDE) -Eclipse, MS Visual Studio
- Version Control Tool (VCT) - Git, TFS
- Unit Test Framework: JUnit, Mockito
- Methodologies: Agile, Incremental, SDLC, Test Driven Development (TDD), Development Integration Testing (DIT)
- Defect Management: JIRA, PractiTest
- Build tools: Maven, Jenkins
- Agile Collaboration Tools: JIRA
- Cloud AWS Cloud Computing : Building distributed applications on AWS platform
- Other: Toad for Oracle, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Excel Macros, KPI's/Metrics, Executive Management Status Reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred, but not required
- 5 plus years of experience in developing/supporting front end and back end Java applications
- 5 plus years of experience with .NET for our legacy applications that will be migrated to Java and/or decommissioned
- Implementing large scale migration/transformation projects
- Implementing best practices for the software development practice
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation . We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 86063