REACH YOUR POTENTIAL | COLLABORATE WITH AMAZING PEOPLE | MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN
Do you have the skills, passion, and commitment to transform Management Consulting for the better? Are you ready to be a changemaker? If so, join us.
North Highland is the world's leading change and transformation consultancy. Simply put, we make change happen like no one else. And we're on the hunt for a new Analyst to join Academy at North Highland, where new consulting talent is developed, building expertise and leaders from within.
This role is primarily responsible for leading growing portfolio accounts and developing data strategies and roadmaps and seeing these through to delivery on data and analytics work using modern data platforms and analytical techniques. This role will be working with clients on complicated data projects while leading teams of varying sizes and contributing to business development initiatives in driving revenue growth in their geographic area. YOU WILL:
IDEALLY, WE'D LIKE:
- Utilize complex computer applications and software, conduct numerical, statistical, and visual analysis of data to drive actionable insights including analysis and design of analytic systems.
- Scientific, statistical, and visual analysis of data and development and deployment of analysis into operational environments, leveraging highly specialized data, programming, and computer science skills.
- Leads project teams of varying size and scope for delivery.
- Collaborate creatively with our client account teams to grow existing and build new client relationships with some of the most exciting brands in the world
- Show a bias to action through high quality work delivered on time and on budget to our clients
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions, roadmaps, and project leadership for all Data & Analytics work
- Put your team's best ideas into action through planning and management
- Play a central role in your team's growth through coaching and constructive review of ongoing engagements.
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, and best practices including prototyping new architecture methods, tools and products that might provide future value to our clients
- Be a thought leader by contributing to blog postings or white papers
- Be part of the global thought leadership team on agile, digital transformation, cloud analytics, and modern data & analytics concepts
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in information systems, statistics, computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in the job offered or 10+ years of experience performing data analytics across a variety of industries, business functions and technologies.
- 10+ years of experience collaborating with and presenting to cross functional teams and client senior management; using scripting programming languages for data; using data visualization tools; developing in SQL on RDBMS platforms; applying data movement ETL technologies; and gathering and documenting business requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- 2+ years of leadership experience managing delivery of solutions leveraging cross-functional teams.
- 2+ years of pre-sales consulting experience with external customers.
- Travel: regional travel expected on an as-needed basis depending on client needs, up to 40%
TRANSFORMING CLIENTS. TRANSFORMING CAREERS.
- A solid background in growing a data and analytics business through strong delivery and bringing new ideas in a consulting environment
- Strong background in proposal writing, pricing, and presenting to external customers
- Data Visualization tools: Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI
- Familiarity with the scripting data and machine learning ecosystems - (Jupyter Notebooks, scikit-learn, SciPy, NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Experience with wide array of analytical approaches (correlation analysis, predictive and explanatory modeling, data mining, unsupervised clustering, analysis of unstructured data)
- Solid SQL skills via exposure to RDBMS's such as Amazon Redshift, Google Cloud BigQuery, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Postgres, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies: Data warehouse (BigQuery, RedShift), cloud storage (GS, S3), app engine (Google Cloud Platform App Engine, AWS Elastic Beanstalk)
- Experience with "Big Data" environments
- Working knowledge of data movement ETL technologies Stored procedures, SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx
- Ability to gather and document business requirements and translate them to technical requirements
- Understanding of business functions (sales, finance, marketing, operations) and how they relate to business intelligence solutions
- Has the investigative mindset and related skills that can be used with any number of tools to explore available data
- Ability to self-direct and manage priorities; ability to handle issues that are not well-defined and/or conflict with available information; ability to successfully navigate ambiguity to resolution
Success-for both our clients and our colleagues-is all about putting people first and doing great things together. We believe that when we work as one team, we can take action today to build lasting capability for tomorrow.
Here's how we make that happen:
READY TO MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN?
- Grow through your choices. We want people who strive for the next level, and then the next. That's why we're passionate about giving you the tools you need to reach your full potential. It's rooted in our employee ownership model-with plenty of coaching and personal development opportunities to help you forge your own path to the top.
- You're never a number. Our firm is large enough to scale up and tackle big client challenges, but small enough that you won't get lost in the crowd. And that's something that will never change. We celebrate individuality, collaborate as a team, and put our people first. Always.
- Make your mark. Not content to stand still? We wouldn't have it any other way. There's room to experiment and stretch yourself here, and we encourage you to bring whatever you've got to the table.
Founded in 1992, North Highland is an employee-owned firm-regularly named one of the best places to work. With our blend of workforce, customer, and operational expertise, we're also a leading voice in the change and transformation consultancy space. We have more than 5,000 consultants and 60 offices around the globe, all focused on helping businesses transform by placing people at the heart of every decision. It's how lasting progress is made. Meanwhile, we're a proud member of Cordence Worldwide (, an international consulting alliance.
For more information, visit northhighland.com
and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Please note that applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship by North Highland. Work visa sponsorship will not be provided, either now or in the future, for this position.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.