Requisition ID: R10053161
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a well-qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition include:
- Perform as Linux Systems Administrator for a large classified government contract.
- Maintain efficient operations of the entire IT infrastructure including desktops and potentially servers.
- Support multiple networks and ensure necessary IT administration tasks are completed under supervision as necessary.
- Assist testing new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user and impact.
- Assist with developing and maintaining technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Assist maintaining security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Cyber Security team
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Associate's degree with 7 years of experience, or a Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience, or a Master's degree with 3 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent with 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance as a condition of employment within a reasonable period of time as determined by the company; maintaining the required security clearance will be a condition of continued employment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Special Access Program (SAP/SAR) clearance within a reasonable period of time as determined by the company as a condition of continued employment.
- Currently valid Security+CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar DoD 8570 security certification, or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire date; certification must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within DoD Collateral, JSIG, or SAP restricted environments
- Experience maintaining Classified Linux environments to include fundamental knowledge of the RHEL Operating System, performing daily maintenance, patching, and basic knowledge of BASH shell and scripting
- Rudimentary knowledge of vulnerability scanning or compliance tools used within secure environments (ACAS, Nessus, STIG, SCAP, etc.).
- Experience working in team of IT professionals under direct supervision .
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar DoD 8570 security certification.
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance.
- Microsoft Technical Certification in current desktop or Server Operating system
$88,000 USD - $132,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.