Title: Sr. Software Developer
Location: Las Vegas, NV
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those that know binary and those that don't."
Yes. I stole this joke. No. I don't completely understand it. But I'm guessing you do. If that's the case, please, read on.
We're looking for a Software Developer Level II to design and develop proprietary and commercial off-the-shelf systems that support Company and IT objectives. This is a senior role requiring experience in all System Development Life Cycle phases of application development from the ground up, software maintenance, and feature addition.
- Provide cutting edge design prototypes and execute development tasks for applications and systems.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to implement solutions and resolve issues within acceptable levels of cost, stability, risk, and reliability.
- Establish and maintain development frameworks that are optimal for each application.
- Mentor junior staff on technological and design principles, and best practices.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to standards and specifications.
- Assist with managing source code repositories, continuous integration, and deployment plans.
- Monitor, propose, and participate in executing updates for current technologies based on discovered vulnerabilities and value to projects.
- Maintain documentation on systems, architectures, and builds.
- Support Project Management activities related to IT and general objectives.
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
- Linux and Windows OS
- AWS and Azure
- Server-side Web development tools
- Integrated Development Environments (IntelliJ IDEA/PgAdmin/SQL Server Management Studio)
- Source versioning system (GIT/Subversion)
- SQL (PostgreSQL/T-SQL)
- Trouble ticket reporting system (JIRA/IssueTrak or similar)
What you've got:
- At least 2-3 years working in AWS environments
- Ability to follow through with assigned projects independently
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science along with equivalent experience
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, Algorithms, and Data Structures
- Experience with authoring SQL and integration with ODBC
- Experience with Source versioning system (GIT/Subversion)
- Experience in Bootstrap or similar libraries
- Strong organization, communication, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize work well
- Ability to follow through with assigned tasks independently
- Self-directed awareness of the latest technological trends in IT services and deliveries
- Detail oriented and possess a passion for quality
- Experience with organizational change management
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.