Job#: 1299985 Job Description:
Apex Systems is seeking Software Developers in support of our a new program delivering cutting-edge software solutions for our customer the ship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Software Developers will:
What We Need:
- Collaboratively with software developers to deliver high-quality software for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) that sits within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Work within a fast-paced Agile DevSecOps team contributing and collaborating within your scrum team daily.
- Assist with analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Provide technical solutions to complex software engineering challenges, including software engineering analysis and design, development, and integration activities using accepted software engineering practices and design techniques, to include web services/programming/development, testing services and peer review of code, developing Restful web services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, Engineering or other STEM related field. In lieu of degree, will consider combination of training, certifications, and years of experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of development experience.
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud services and architecture.
- Experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, microservices, streaming technologies, database design, and data modeling.
- Familiar with front and back-end languages, databases, and DevOps.
- Experience in taking part in a team of developers in designing and delivering cloud-based, continuously deployed client solutions.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) Certification(s).
- Java Certification(s).
- Python Certification(s)
- Experience Agile Frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban and using tools and technologies including Jboss, Spring framework, Spring Data JPA, Java/J2EE, Java Collections, RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, or PostgreSQL.
Position of Public Trust
DHS EOD (Enter on Duty) Suitability
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at