Location: Oklahoma Cit
Must be on our Payroll and US
Sr SQL Database Administrator
Note: Need resources to be local to the OKC area and be able to commute to the office when the team requires. Not a REMOTE ROLE
What You Will Do:
Provides SQL Server Database Administration services for databases that support the Client production applications, software development, and application maintenance projects.
- Provides database administration to SQL Server databases running on Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience in Data Scrubbing, Data Compare and Review.
- Experience in improving Database user / systems authentication robustness.
- Installs, configures, and maintains SQL Server database application with required patches and updates
- Manages database security and user permissions and privileges in accordance with application/database requirements
- Develops and/or maintains database objects (tables, views, indexes)
- Monitors and optimizes database performance and tuning
- Manages and ensures compliance with database backup strategies
- Provides customer support to database and associated application development team, owners, and user stakeholders
- Maintains Database Lifecycle Management processes detailed by FAA specifications
- Provides impact information on proposed changes to application and it's database structure
- Provides schedule and resource requirements to stakeholders concerning proposed changes to the application and associated database
- Provides sizing recommendations for any new databases or changes to existing databases, including user/data growth projection and the impact on the server memory and performance characteristics
- Participates in meetings with Solution Delivery Service staff and stakeholders
- Works with other database administrators to ensure optimal efficiency and optimization of databases, server clusters, back-up strategies, and database services to FAA and its customers
- Experience in SQL Server database administration in an Enterprise environment
- SQL Server database administration experience (Versions: 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019)
- Experience in Microsoft based server environments;
- Experience in Database Lifecycle Management (DLM)
- Azure experience
- Experience working with PTC Integrity (DLM software) is a plus
- Position requires sitting, for long periods of time. (Sedentary Work)
- Most duties require extended use of a keyboard and computer monitor, Extended telephone use, May require lifting of 20-50 lbs
Manage SQL Server/ Enterprise databases through product lifecycle environments, from development to life-safety/mission critical production systems. Configure and maintain database servers
Experience operating in traditional and agile project models
Installation and management of Always On Availability Groups
Setup and maintain Transparent Data Encryption and column-level encryption
Deployment of Integration Services packages and Reporting Services reports.
DevOps toolchain services (GIT, Ansible Tower, Artifactory, Jenkins)
Amazon Web Services familiarity (EC2, RDS, S3).
Strong Interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other IT degree
Engineering, math, and/or science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees
Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance