Job#: 1248715 Job Description:
Senior Scientist, iPSC Reprogramming 1248715
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our client is actively recruiting a Scientist II / Sr. Scientist, iPSC Reprogramming. This individual will report to the Associate Director, Regenerative Medicine and will possess excellent scientific/technical skills. This person will be a part of the Research and Development team to establish novel reprogramming technologies and ultimately generate clinical grade induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) lines.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, lead and execute activities supporting development of novel non-integrating reprogramming technologies and ultimate creation of clinical grade iPSC lines
- Manage a team of scientists focused on iPSC reprogramming
- Derive, culture, bank, and characterize iPSC lines
- Develop and optimize analytical methods to assess reprogrammed iPSCs
- Schedule and resource project team's day-to-day work
- Track and present on project progress both internally and in cross-functional forums
- Take the lead on the project's scientific strategy, identifying risks and mitigations as appropriate
- Stay current on relevant science and present at scientific conferences
Primary Job Requirements:
- PhD with 5-8 years of relevant experience; or a MS with 8-10 years of industrial experience, or BS with 10+ years of industrial experience
- Three or more years of industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing small teams of scientists
- Background in stem cell biology focused on iPSC reprogramming with relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals. Background knowledge in iPSC genetics and epigenetics is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating pluripotent stem cell lines
- Hands on knowledge of cutting-edge techniques in the field of reprogramming
- Experience in molecular biology with an emphasis on mRNA synthesis, splicing, and delivery
- Demonstrated experience in assays including PCR, immunostaining, flow cytometry, ELISA, genetic and epigenetic assessment
- Gene editing experience (CRISPR/Cas9, TALEN, etc) is preferred
- Detail-oriented, organized, critical-thinking and technically competent
- Background knowledge on cell therapy process development and manufacturing is preferred
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at