Position: Data Modeler (5 yrs in Data Modeling, BigData, Hadoop)
Location: Irving, TX (Initially Work from Home)
Job Type: Fulltime Permanent
- As a Senior Data Modeler, you will be responsible for designing and modernizing the data structures for the solutions delivered across North America. You will create and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models, in support of the development efforts in various projects. You will plan for and implement steps towards a long-term data strategy, and serve as a primary contributor to the client's vision. Duties will include:
- Interface on a regular basis with Business Owners, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), other agency components to design, create, deploy and manage data solutions in accordance with the client's strategic enterprise data architecture.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models and perform data management tasks that contribute to clients' mission and vision.
- Gather data requirements to create and maintain entity-relationship models and logical and physical data models that conform to existing standards and conventions.
- Provide leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies.
- Maintain data dictionary and/or metadata repositories. Implement governance practices - implementing controls/governance across all data domains.
- Ensure data and data management standards are met and maintained.
- Partner with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
- Perform end-to-end data lifecycle management activities that encompasses all aspects of data management, conceptual, logical, and physical, as well as evaluating and recommending new and emerging data management and storage technologies and standards.
- Support ongoing data strategy work, deliver data models, and document data reference architectures that enhance project delivery ranging from transactional systems to reporting and analytic solutions.
- Develop data mapping documents for data development teams to use.
- Conduct and support data analysis, data mining, and identify patterns. Monitor data quality and identify data anomalies and assess possible business impact
- BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence, including data modeling tools such as ERwin, ERStudio.
- Minimum 3 years experience designing and deploying data structures for Big Data environments such as Hadoop/Hive, MongoDB, HBase
- Experience building component-based XML or JSON structures to support a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA). Knowledge of UML modeling standards, XML transformation, XML validation schemas (XSD) is a plus.
- Experience with information architecture concepts (Common Information Model/Canonical Data Model, Enterprise Information Management, Metadata Management, Data Governance, and Master Data Management).
- 5 years of related experience in complex data environments
- 5 years of experience in strong SQL background
- 5 years of hands-on experience in database and SQL performance tuning
- Deep understanding of Dimensional Modeling, Facts, and Dimensions, Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas
- Thorough knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts, top-down, bottom-up, common dimensions, EDW Bus Matrix
- Comprehensive knowledge of Conceptual, Logical, and Physical modeling
- Excellent understanding of relational database concepts, the impact of design on performance
- Strong experience with master data modeling best practices and data warehousing concepts
- Experience working with BI tools for data visualization like Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects