SECU offers a work environment that is challenging and promotes the success of its employees. SECU also provides competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and abundant opportunities for growth.
We are currently in search of experienced Desktop Support Technicians who are able to handle technical issues and assist in supporting end users. This individual will be part of a skilled technical team that provides assistance to our users and ultimately our membership. This individual will be assisting users in operations centers in the greater Raleigh area, as well as remotely assisting users in our many branches throughout the State of North Carolina.
Responsibilities for the Desktop Support Technician include:
- Supporting end user computing issues
- Install and trouble-shoot hardware, software, and network problems
- Assist in movement and set up of hardware
- Printer, photocopier set-up and configuration
- Document procedures for common problems and installation tasks for hardware and software
- Supporting Audio and Video equipment
Requirements for the position are as follows:
- A four-year degree in a computer related field from an accredited college or university
- Experience supporting Windows and Apple Operating Systems
- Experience using enterprise ticketing systems
- Proven employment as a Desktop Support Technician
- Must be able to lift items weighing 40 pounds
- Expert knowledge in troubleshooting application and network issues
- Expert knowledge of TCP\IP networking and Active Directory Services
- Experience with virtualization technologies is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team of technicians
No relocation assistance will be provided. We are unable to sponsor H1B Visas at this time. Telecommuting is not an option.